SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

18 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

One other positive that isn’t being mentioned enough. 45 yarder (I believe) and 47 yarder in back to back weeks! This had been a problem for way too long and finally nice to potentially have someone good there again.

Would have been good from a very long ways…..

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

I was travelling and had listen on the radio.  Hope to watch tonight.  Sounds like it would have been a nice game to watch.

I’d also like to state, I was not trying to call you out! I just wanted to hear your honest opinion about Simon and Jerry after the game. Thank you, appreciate the feedback! 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He’s on a heater. I can actually relax watching him kick unlike our last I don’t even know how many kickers. It only took 10 years. Only thing left is a clutch kick in a huge game. I like what I see this year though.

Biggest so far has to be 2 FG in 4th quarter in the griz game.. certainly a positive trend 

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I also want to see some attempts over 50 yards. Having a kicker capable of 55 yards without wondering if he can get it there is a huge asset if you need a walk off kick. 

Could have tried a kick against Iowa St when the ball was at the 38 yard line (55 yards). Instead we opted for a net 18 yard punt...

*Don't remember what the wind was like that game, but I don't think it was much.*

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I also want to see some attempts over 50 yards. Having a kicker capable of 55 yards without wondering if he can get it there is a huge asset if you need a walk off kick. 

Also if a drive stalls you still can get points so huge in tight games.  Puts pressure on the defense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Could have tried a kick against Iowa St when the ball was at the 38 yard line (55 yards). Instead we opted for a net 18 yard punt...

*Don't remember what the wind was like that game, but I don't think it was much.*

There was no wind. I was praying for each breeze sitting in those bleachers with the sun beating down. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Judging by his 47 yarder he should be able to hit a 55 without too much trouble.

• Upvote 3

Anyone catch the Midco replay of Saturday's game?

They did a side-by-side of the stats of Gronowski and a much-maligned QB on this board.

The stats are really, really similar. 

Just saying...if you go by stats. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, shep said:

Anyone catch the Midco replay of Saturday's game?

They did a side-by-side of the stats of Gronowski and a much-maligned QB on this board.

The stats are really, really similar. 

Just saying...if you go by stats. 

How many games has each QB played.

1 hour ago, shep said:

For your viewing pleasure

85 Completions 91

148 attempts 147

1106 pass yards 1103

8 TD passes 11

5 interceptions 5

i acknowledge it does not specify one hops

I see what you're trying to do here. Gronowski hasn't been good this year but he's a national champion.  Romfo was just really good in fall camp.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I see what you're trying to do here. Gronowski hasn't been good this year but he's a national champion.  Romfo was just really good in fall camp.

Can anyone confirm how Gronowski looked in fall camp?

That would be the real comparison as that's what matters most

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2024 at 7:50 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Massey: 6
Sagarin: 5 

I'll be shocked if NDSU, SDSU, Yotes, Bobcats don't win the Natty this season.  UND can have a feel good year with a playoff W, hopefully 2, but we look nothing like the Jacks on D vrs our common opponent in the Fargodome.  I think our staff is good enough with X's and O's, but we are short on Natty talent at every position besides RB.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I'll be shocked if NDSU, SDSU, Yotes, Bobcats don't win the Natty this season.  UND can have a feel good year with a playoff W, hopefully 2, but we look nothing like the Jacks on D vrs our common opponent in the Fargodome.  I think our staff is good enough with X's and O's, but we are short on Natty talent at every position besides RB.

The Yotes are very good but it's extremely hard for me to imagine them accomplishing anything near a natty. I realize I am not very objective when it comes to USD... :D