SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Per source

chaves quietly extending bubba 3 years

Danny went in to meeting with them expecting chaves bubba to let Danny know bubba will be retiring and he will be named successor and he was blind sided with the plan they wanted to put in place. Danny was more scared about having a bad year this year and everyone getting canned if they didn’t perform so elected to go with the safe money 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Per source

Danny went in to meeting with them expecting chaves bubba to let Danny know bubba will be retiring and he will be named successor and he was blind sided with the plan they wanted to put in place. Danny was more scared about having a bad year this year and everyone getting canned if they didn’t perform so elected to go with the safe money 

Really?

35 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Per source

They cannot do this AND keep it a secret. It's going to come out.

I've already contacted the REA on cutting back on my # of FB tickets.  I really don't want to cut back to zero but an extention might prompt that. Not that anybody couldn't get tickets on gamedays anyways.

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

That’s what my source says. Quietly being extensed

be interesting to see Tom do open records chexk

I usually trust you but think this may be a rumor.   I honestly don't think we should jump off the deep end until we know more.   Rumors can do more harm then the truth sometimes.

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Per source

Yet this is a plausible scenario. 

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Per source

23 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I usually trust you but think this may be a rumor.   I honestly don't think we should jump off the deep end until we know more.   Rumors can do more harm then the truth sometimes.

I filed a FOIA request for FB contracts and received a response Feb 7th.  As of Feb 7th, he hasn't been extended.  His last extension was signed Feb 23rd, 2022, so I'm not saying gfhockey is wrong, just that it hasn't happened (yet?).

23 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

explains why winona boys would come here

15 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

WOW….just wow. Decisions in dark smokey rooms. Happens all over and bugs me no matter who, what, when, or where. 
Not sure how much is fact and how much isn’t, but wow.

didn't someone on here say the ad is run like a country club?     sounds about right

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Per source

If this is true then you def can't blame Danny and shame on Bubba and Chaves for letting someone like Danny go just so you stay for a few more years of mediocre football. They basically said 3 years more of terrible Bubba ball is better than hiring younger talent (Danny) as head coach. They screwed the future up for this football program and are going to start over in the 3 years after bubba runs it even farther into the ground!!!

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

If this is true then you def can't blame Danny and shame on Bubba and Chaves for letting someone like Danny go just so you stay for a few more years of mediocre football. They basically said 3 years more of terrible Bubba ball is better than hiring younger talent (Danny) as head coach. They screwed the future up for this football program and are going to start over in the 3 years after bubba runs it even farther into the ground!!!

First, consider the source. It definitely seems to be more sensationalized from any of the versions I've heard. The end result was likely best for everyone in the long run, even if it meant losing the OC. And before the random arguments come up, I'm not saying that I think losing the OC was good for the very near future.

Also, no clue if there is an actual extension in the works (even though some have decided it is apparently already done since its been brought up for the last two months). Even if there is, as was already stated, it doesn't mean anything until we see the actual details of what would be in any sort of extension. If it is a multi-year extension with full buyout, that's significantly different than an extension in years only with an easy buyout for UND that on the surface shows long-term stability to help with recruiting, which these days includes new recruits and keeping your own players on your team.

• Downvote 1