andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

47 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Feeney starts 2024 and 2025, Jerry starts 2026 and 2027.  Pretty simple! :D

That’s too simple

Don’t  trust coaches to make anything simple 

‘for those in the know which one is the best 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I would like to see them utilize Romfo’s athletic skills in different packages. I don’t see him moving ahead of either Feeney or Kaminski.  I wouldn’t sell him short as a backup QB however. He has done some good things in practice and has a good arm, good quickness and decent speed. 

Agree with this.  Refine rockstar plays with Romfo.  He is a better passer.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Kab said:

That didn’t play a snap this past year

does this indicate 1 qb is leaving?

No I think they wanted to add a guy for depth/ scout team. Maybe get Romfo some brockstar type of position in that he can’t run scout team. Feeney and Kaminski will be QB1 and QB2 all year. Doesn’t hurt to bring in any talented PWO. A smidge taller Schuster

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2023 at 12:38 PM, wheelsup said:

agree 100%.. IF you dont think the offense was part of the problem you are giving way to much credit to running up scores against crappy teams

• against UNI 0 pts
  • First half against Indiana state.. 7pts
  • South Dakota - 3 pts (7 was ko return)

While our Defense was clearly the weakest link.. Our offense was terrible against all decent teams except NDSU.  The frustrating thing is that our offense had the template to win games this year (NDSU game plan) and Danny must have just been too bored with that. 

Hopefully 2024 will be a better year.. Im not expecting much in the way of changes in the coaching staff.. hopefully we dont lose the OL coach as he seems to have some talent/recruiting ability.  Somehow the defense has to get better and Im hoping for a change at QB and/or Danny is another year smarter.  I think our Offense has a chance to be even better in 2024.. good OL.. good RB's.. (Ziebarth, Isaiah, Siedl) good WR's (Belquist, plenty of returners, redshirt freshmen (Tai, hakim)).. better QB.

Can't argue with the offensive outputs in the games you mentioned, but Tommy had terrible turnovers in two of those games. And against Indiana State we had a terrible start and still managed to get 30 points in regulation. We haven't seen the best of Danny and his offense yet. With a new QB and plenty of weapons next year, I expect us to see more than we did this year!!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Goose15 said:

Can't argue with the offensive outputs in the games you mentioned, but Tommy had terrible turnovers in two of those games. And against Indiana State we had a terrible start and still managed to get 30 points in regulation. We haven't seen the best of Danny and his offense yet. With a new QB and plenty of weapons next year, I expect us to see more than we did this year!!

We haven't seen the best of Danny and the offense yet?  Wasn't this his 5th season as OC?  What am I missing here?  What is Danny waiting for?

6 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We haven't seen the best of Danny and the offense yet?  Wasn't this his 5th season as OC?  What am I missing here?  What is Danny waiting for?

exactly............is he/bubba knew that tommy was leaving for the portal they should've moved on to trey or kaminski

• Upvote 1

I think a reality we need to embrace is nobody really knows what we have at QB including the coaches till the bullets start flying next fall. If either Trey or Jerry were better than Tommy in the coaches eyes, I’d think they would have played.  

The bigger question I have is do the quarterbacks we have fit Danny’s system. I assume that’s why they were recruited. But Am I crazy to think that a more mobile QB like Romfro fits the system better and somehow sneaks through in the coming year or two?  Because this offense doesn’t really push the ball down field. it should, but it doesn’t seem to, and I don’t know if that was a byproduct of Danny, or of Tommy. If it’s the offense, then what’s keeping a guy like Romo from competing? And let me say I’m not advocating for this kid, but I have a little PTSD from that QB from last week who ran all over us and athletically reminded me of Romfro.

18 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

I think a reality we need to embrace is nobody really knows what we have at QB including the coaches till the bullets start flying next fall. If either Trey or Jerry were better than Tommy in the coaches eyes, I’d think they would have played.  

The bigger question I have is do the quarterbacks we have fit Danny’s system. I assume that’s why they were recruited. But Am I crazy to think that a more mobile QB like Romfro fits the system better and somehow sneaks through in the coming year or two?  Because this offense doesn’t really push the ball down field. it should, but it doesn’t seem to, and I don’t know if that was a byproduct of Danny, or of Tommy. If it’s the offense, then what’s keeping a guy like Romo from competing? And let me say I’m not advocating for this kid, but I have a little PTSD from that QB from last week who ran all over us and athletically reminded me of Romfro.

This is what scares me...

4 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

I think a reality we need to embrace is nobody really knows what we have at QB including t he coaches till the bullets start flying next fall. If either Trey or Jerry were better than Tommy in the coaches eyes, I’d think they would have played.  

OR Danny understood his QB's strengths and weaknesses and called plays accordingly. Before you ask why he didn't switch QBs the answer is the guy he had did a good job. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, shep said:

OR Danny understood his QB's strengths and weaknesses and called plays accordingly. Before you ask why he didn't switch QBs the answer is the guy he had did a good job. 

Hard to disagree and truth be told I am a Tommy guy. There are several games we lose without him. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

Hard to disagree and truth be told I am a Tommy guy. There are several games we lose without him. 

I guess next season we get to find out who is a the larger problem on offense, Tommy or Danny.  I used to be really down on Tommy, but as time wore on I think more of the offensive woes can be traced to Danny.  Tommy was never going to be more than a game manager, but maybe that is the way Danny wants it.  Again, time will tell.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I guess next season we get to find out who is a the larger problem on offense, Tommy or Danny.  I used to be really down on Tommy, but as time wore on I think more of the offensive woes can be traced to Danny.  Tommy was never going to be more than a game manager, but maybe that is the way Danny wants it.  Again, time will tell.

IMO Tommy was very average.  A good game manager yes.  Tommy looked good against weak opponents. With that said ….the coaching staff stiffened up when competing against stiffer competition.  

Danny's dismal play calling against sac st is proof for the coaching staff is way over their heads

Und…with the current players can compete. They destroyed Ndsu.  Ndsu was never in it.  Not even close. I think we all know that was influenced by others ….not this coaching staff.  

Coaching is definitely the downfall of und football.  So damn sickening to hear Ndsu football coverage around here. Why can’t und ever compete for a title????  Coaching!!!!!  It is so damn frustrating to watch und fail year after year in this average league. 

Will und be better without Tommy ?  Feeney and kaminski have far more raw talent than Tommy but they will be held back by the ineptness of the coaching staff.  

I see little change next year even with a more talented qb. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, shep said:

good gets you 6 or 7 wins a first round exit.....let's aim a little higher than just "good"

decade by decade

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

Im on this page as well.

• Barring continued attrition in the portal it seems like we should have a very strong offense returning.
  • At some point the defense has to show up so that the offense doesnt have to be perfect.
  • I think the defense struggling so much put a microscope on the offense
  • If either Tommy had played better or Danny had called better plays we all would still be laughing.  Tommy had some really bad turnovers and missed plays..  If he makes those Danny looks like a pretty smart guy.  Danny had some games that if he would have called runs the game was over and Tommy wouldnt have looked so bad. 

Ive always been a Tommy supporter.. He was a big step up from Kett.. This year he took a pretty big step back IMO and Im not sure if it was more of a Danny or Tommy issue. I know we have spent a lot of time talking about Tommy and Danny but the biggest issue by far was the defense.. and its not even close.

Complimentary football.

Offense and defense can compliment each other or they can do the opposite.  Look at UND game vs Sac St and then compare to USD game a week later.  USD controlled the flow of the game, the clock and thereby helped neutralize the QB as a major factor in the game.  There is a huge difference in a football game playing with the lead and playing from behind.   I have already mentioned this, but when our D shut down Sac St in the 3rd qtr and the offense had the chance to take the game over, Danny and his offense failed miserably.

Our offense was better overall this season than our D, but football is a team game and a game of momentum.  UND failed in far too many games this season and the last few seasons to seize the momentum and the game against better competition.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/2/2023 at 12:49 PM, Parkers Pros said:

Having another dimension of a running QB is what this offense is missing. Good luck stopping Danny with a mobile QB. Depth is also something we need because injuries will happen. Pocket QB’s are a thing of the past

On 12/3/2023 at 1:23 PM, Midwestern Hawk said:

Complimentary football.

Offense and defense can compliment each other or they can do the opposite.  Look at UND game vs Sac St and then compare to USD game a week later.  USD controlled the flow of the game, the clock and thereby helped neutralize the QB as a major factor in the game.  There is a huge difference in a football game playing with the lead and playing from behind.   I have already mentioned this, but when our D shut down Sac St in the 3rd qtr and the offense had the chance to take the game over, Danny and his offense failed miserably.

Our offense was better overall this season than our D, but football is a team game and a game of momentum.  UND failed in far too many games this season and the last few seasons to seize the momentum and the game against better competition.

The only games the defense showed up were the games that the offense went into their shell.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Having another dimension of a running QB is what this offense is missing. Good luck stopping Danny with a mobile QB. Depth is also something we need because injuries will happen. Pocket QB’s are a thing of the past

Not trying to argue but USD has a pocket passer at QB and they're still playing.

3 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Sometimes I think the only one that can stop Danny is Danny.

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2023 at 6:52 AM, Midwestern Hawk said:

He has spent 5 years building up a good offense. Now recruits are starting to take notice and if you look at this last years and next year's class on offense we have some serious talent coming in. This talent will take our offense to another level.