SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 ND High School Hockey

Best chance for the West is Minot vs. North.  Late game, ice should be destroyed, and North relies heavily on the one line.

Legacy has the goaltending to keep them in it vs. Central.  Going to need a special effort from Mr. Miller. 

#1W-Dickinson   [16-8]
#4E-Fargo South/Shanley   [12-12-0]

Thu. Feb. 22nd  -  12:00 pm   -   Scheels Arena   [Quarterfinals]

#2E-Grand Forks Red River  [18-6]
#3W-Bismarck Century   [19-5]

Thu. Feb. 22nd  -  2:30 pm   -   Scheels Arena  [Quarterfinals]    30 Min After 12:00

#1E-Grand Forks Central  [20-3]
#4W-Bismarck Legacy  [18-5-1]

Thu. Feb. 22nd  -  5:30 pm   -   Scheels Arena  [Quarterfinals]

#2W-Minot    [15-8-1]
#3E-Fargo North     [18-6-0]

Thu. Feb. 22nd  -  8:00 pm  -  Scheels Arena  [Quarterfinals]  30 Min After 5:30

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1-West Fargo United  [17-4-2]
#8-Bismarck Century   [9-13]
Thu. Feb. 22nd  -  11:00 am  -  Farmers Union Ins. Arena  [Quarterfinals]

#4-Grand Forks   [15-8]
#5-Fargo Davies   [10-11-1]
Thu. Feb. 22nd  -  1:30 pm  -  Farmers Union Ins. Arena   [Quarterfinals]  

#2-Fargo North/South   [19-3]
#7-Devils Lake  [9-14-0]
Thu. Feb. 22nd  -  5:00 pm  -  Farmers Union Ins. Arena  [Quarterfinals]

#3-Mandan   [17-6]
#6-Legacy/Bismarck  [11-12-0]
Thu. Feb. 22nd  -  7:30 pm  -  Farmers Union Ins.  Arena  [Quarterfinals]

Good to see some new blood in the tournament on the boys side.  It's been forever for North, and I can't remember the last time Dickinson was at state.

I said it before, but the Friday night late game sets up to be a classic if there aren't upsets.  North and Central have had some battles and Scheels Arena would be absolutely rocking for that game. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Good to see some new blood in the tournament on the boys side.  It's been forever for North, and I can't remember the last time Dickinson was at state.

I said it before, but the Friday night late game sets up to be a classic if there aren't upsets.  North and Central have had some battles and Scheels Arena would be absolutely rocking for that game. 

Minot took North to OT not too long ago.  Was their 3rd game in 3 days too.  Could be a good game.  Would be nice to see 4 good games and I think it can happen if the right teams show up from the west side.  Gotta get over the stigma of being the dog....

I think Minot and North is only matchup that has played this year.  GFC and Legacy got canceled twice.

Gotta admit, being from a small town and with family originating in Walsh County it's pretty sad to see the decline of the Spoilers.  A lot of great history in that program, hope they can find a way back to contention once again.  Dickinson is a nice surprise this year though, so will have an underdog to cheer for.

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2024 at 6:48 AM, Johnny Five said:

Roseau upset Moorhead in girls hockey to get to state out of 8AA as well.  Pretty sure Roseau is the only team between the 4 teams (including Warroad, Moorhead and Crookston) from the title games that doesn't have ND girls.

At least with Crookston its a co-op with a ND school, unlike the others that are recruiting. 

1 hour ago, PuckLuck said:

At least with Crookston its a co-op with a ND school, unlike the others that are recruiting. 

That I get.  However if GF had Kilgore 2 years ago I'm guessing some of those would've stayed in GF too.  One thing the girls on the border in the East have over the West....options.

35 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Who does Crookston co-op with in ND? 

I do believe there's been some Mayville area girls.  Good players too.

18 minutes ago, DL Sioux said:

I have a friend in Mayville, and they do co-op with Crookston for girls hockey. 

Why wouldn’t they go to GF instead? 90 mile round trip compared to 110 mile round trip plus you stay in ND. Or is a numbers thing for Crookston?

15 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

Gotta admit, being from a small town and with family originating in Walsh County it's pretty sad to see the decline of the Spoilers.  A lot of great history in that program, hope they can find a way back to contention once again.  Dickinson is a nice surprise this year though, so will have an underdog to cheer for.

Century has some good ol' Walsh County roots throughout the team if your looking for storylines to support....

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Can the Dickinson train stay on the tracks for three more games. 

Who is that coming down the tracks?

It’s the main machine in red and black

ain’t nothing finer in the land

then a drunk obnoxious Gf hockey fan

Go gf hockey