SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Frozen Four Semifinals

Kevin G

2 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

QU, making the neutral zone trap cool again. 

This game fits all the stereotypes of East vs West NCAA hockey for ... oh at least 40 years.  Western team playing attack, with better athletes, Eastern team playing counter-attack, with a better goalie.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Long way to go in this one.  But...if a QU/UMN title game happens, UND would have beaten* both title game teams.
That's crazy from such an inconsistent UND team this year.  Shows that they had potential to beat anyone, but they also had potential to lose to anyone.

“Beating” someone in 3X3 OT or by “winning” the shootout is a hell of a lot different than 5X5.   

This is not the same QU team that played Harvard. They would have a fighting chance against the goofs if they play like they are tonight. But if the goofs play like they did tonight then no dice. That game could have easily been 10-2. With that said I hate to say it but it’s the rodents year. Prove me wrong please 

Just now, sioux rube said:

This is not the same QU team that played Ohio St. They would have a fighting chance against the goofs if they play like they are tonight. But if the goofs play like they did tonight then no dice. That game could have easily be 10-2. With that said I hate to say it but it’s the rodents year. Prove me wrong please 

I think the title game will decide your fate.

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

QU takes down one uber-talented B10 team in a methodical manner.
Can they do it again on Saturday?

I really really really hope so but Minnesota has been so frickin good. Should be a good game if QU plays like they did tonight against the Gophers.

Michigan is gonna be right back in it next season. If Fantilli decides to stay, he’s gonna be even better.

1 minute ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I really really really hope so but Minnesota has been so frickin good. Should be a good game if QU plays like they did tonight against the Gophers.

But if the gophers played like they did today nobody is beating them 

6 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Michigan is gonna be right back in it next season. If Fantilli decides to stay, he’s gonna be even better.

I'd guess that Fantilli is a one and done.
Michigan is so young though, so they'll be really good again next season.  They only have five SR/GR on their roster, and none in the top 10 team scoring.
They'll lose a couple of their skilled SO/JR to the NHL though.