SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Frozen Four Semifinals

Kevin G

5 hours ago, Dustin said:

Not sure if anyone knows, but did the teams have any say in the semifinal game times, or were they set by ESPN?  From my perspective, I would bet the former, and Minnesota, as the top seed, requested the earlier game.  Optics wise, I think the Minnesota-BU game would have been a better primetime game, as two long-time hockey powers with bigger fanbases. 

As it turns out, the second game has been the more entertaining one. 

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So I haven’t heard Melrose at all this game. Is he there?

At this point, he must have had to leave the broadcast for some reason. Have not heard him at all in quite some time. 

32 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Have you noticed that Barry Melrose is hardly talking?  Most of interaction with Bucci is with Colby. 

Yes. He was babbling a litle bit in the first game and it seemed like he couldn't follow the action.

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Yes. He was babbling a litle bit in the first game and it seemed like he couldn't follow the action.

It’s been apparent for awhile that he just isn’t up to high-level color commentary any longer. But the ESPN execs just keep throwing him out there.