SiouxSports.com Forum

2025 Recruiting

geaux_sioux

10 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’ve seen a lot between the xDSU’s but USD is rolling right now too? I know they got some QB that had some offers. 

Seems to be.  Just got a kid that flipped from NDSU

8 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’ve seen a lot between the xDSU’s but USD is rolling right now too? I know they got some QB that had some offers. 

I read that USD flipped an NDSU recruit the other day so they are showing signs of life.   From the looks of it Jacks and Bison have had a lot commits the last few weeks and from people who are highly rated too.

Bubba, Oh Bubba, where art thou Bubba?

The worst part for fans is there is nothing we can do.  The limitations are there in our face and we just have to accept the fact.  Luckily the fans are proud and love the program /school so will continue to support. Almost like Chaves is using that against us. ?

13 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Why are these guys committing here? Don't they know Bubba doesn't post much on Twitter?

What an asinine comment. Bubba/coaches posting on twitter is an easy way to add some excitement to the fan base. Doesn’t have to do with guys committing here. 

• Like 3

Just now, sioux24/7 said:

What an asinine comment. Bubba/coaches posting on twitter is an easy way to add some excitement to the fan base. Doesn’t have to do with guys committing here. 

Because players love committing to programs with no excitement in the fanbase. Bubba posting on Twitter doesn't make a single difference to anybody anywhere. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Because players love committing to programs with no excitement in the fanbase. Bubba posting on Twitter doesn't make a single difference to anybody anywhere. 

Anywhere that I said there was no excitement? Easy way to ADD excitement about a commit.

I don’t get why some of you are so against it. Maybe you don’t know how to use it? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

You hope all these guys make it to signing day but looking at our WR recruiting the last few years, it’s really, really good.  This kids tape is solid.  Deng was at another level at state track.  Looks different than every other high school athlete.  Hakim from Shanley a couple years back is raw but has all the tools to be really good.  I know there are others.  

Exciting to see some pieces to continue on after Bo’s final year.  

• Upvote 2

The most promising thing continues to be that a lot of these offers, particularly the one's that people complain about, come from the camps where they are evaluating the players against others, with many of them being players they have had their eyes on already. They are seeing in person how recruits stack up head to head and not worrying about what other schools have seen from tape.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Hromadka is a take notice type of recruit. It's a big deal. Contrary to what some might think, they usually have one or two ever class. Everyone will interpret it differently, but imo, they've never really strung something together that felt different. Would be fun if this was the start of something.

Some intangibles I like about the Hromadka commit is his hometown (Maple Grove), that it's the 2nd MG commit this class. There are two absolutely intriguing MG 2025's that are uncommitted in Michael Wagner (3 star / has UND offer) and Jacob Wrbanek (big PWO offers / no UND offer yet).

Excited to see what happens next with this class! 

He's a big dude; likes to follow through on his blocks. Jim K incarnate?

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Hromadka is a take notice type of recruit. It's a big deal. Contrary to what some might think, they usually have one or two ever class. Everyone will interpret it differently, but imo, they've never really strung something together that felt different. Would be fun if this was the start of something.

Some intangibles I like about the Hromadka commit is his hometown (Maple Grove), that it's the 2nd MG commit this class. There are two absolutely intriguing MG 2025's that are uncommitted in Michael Wagner (3 star / has UND offer) and Jacob Wrbanek (big PWO offers / no UND offer yet).

Excited to see what happens next with this class! 

Looks like he likes to finish his blocks! Hopefully he can be both a blocking and receiving threat. Will the new OC involve the TE more....guess we'll see. Offense continues to add good guys, need some studs on defense now too! 

Great to see some positive news to end the week!