SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

SWSiouxMN

20 minutes ago, Kab said:

Lose by 64, Mal needs to quit chewing out every one and chew herself out 

103-47 is not 64 pal 

but yes she needs to quit yelling at other coaches for beating us down by so much

theybhad walk ins at the end dominating our scholarship playas

1 minute ago, gfhockey said:

103-47 is not 64 pal 

but yes she needs to quit yelling at other coaches for beating us down by so much

theybhad walk ins at the end dominating our scholarship playas

Sorry about that, not sure you are a pal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Lose by 64, Mal needs to quit chewing out every one and chew herself out 

I see Kacie scored half of the teams points again tonight. Is there anyway they are any better next year after she graduates? Not sure the kids from Horace can enroll that early to help Mail out.

8 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I see Kacie scored half of the teams points again tonight. Is there anyway they are any better next year after she graduates? Not sure the kids from Horace can enroll that early to help Mail out.

Schiller comes in to take over for Kacie but I’m afraid going to be another long year 

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Schiller comes in to take over for Kacie but I’m afraid going to be another long year 

I’m thinking a few will be in the portal

This team's roster from an overall D1 talent standpoint is atrocious. Outside of Kacie who is a legit D1 player? Is there anyone besides her that could even play for the team 70 miles to the south?

• Like 1

Pemberton is going to be a very good player.  She developed nicely this year as a true freshman.  Ibrahim came along reasonably well but was forced to take a bigger role than she should have if we had better options,  I continue to believe Beal has real potential if used right.  She has serious athleticism both on offense and defense.  Hurst has definite offensive skills but is an absolute liability on d.  If she can be convinced to want to play d, she could be ok.  Beal and Hurst were highly rated prospects but obviously have things to work on.  After that, we need length, speed, and shooting.  That is a huge issue throughout the lineup.    I don’t have a problem taking a chance on Vanderwal.  She is clearly needing to gain some some speed and skill but you can’t teach 6’7…. My bigger concern is the lack of improvement in players and an in a complete lack of defensive and offensive cohesiveness.  Imagine just how much worse our offense would have been without Kacie, who has the skill to create and score on her own without any assistance of an offense at all - and usually doing it while double or triple teamed.  That raises issues of ball distribution as well but our offense was literally whatever she or Hurst could create on their own.  Our offense without her would average 20-30 points per game.  That to me is a coaching issue along with the personnel deficiencies.  They don’t know how to play in a defensive scheme - resulting in 100 point games for the other side.  They don’t run an offense with movement which explains our abysmal shooting percentage.  Personnel needs improvement but it is certainly not the only thing…..

On 3/1/2024 at 9:40 AM, Oxbow6 said:

This team's roster from an overall D1 talent standpoint is atrocious. Outside of Kacie who is a legit D1 player? Is there anyone besides her that could even play for the team 70 miles to the south?

Not to mention Mayville State.

I think we have DI talent on this team but they have been failed by coaching staff this year you can see it pretty much in all phases of our game. This group of young players have not been coached in the fundamentals of basketball it shows when we play teams above us. We don’t play as a team it shows in our defensive play with lack of rotation and switching to cover players. The top three teams in conference scored 100 against in final games of the season. Mallory has talked playing team defense but we haven’t been able to do this. Second we haven’t had any offense that involved team scoring concept and we relied on Kacie and then Kiaha Hurst to provide offense and then Pemberton to create offense from her rebounding or fast break points. The worst part is this was acknowledged when we played Bison when she was interviewed. I was very disappointed in this comment because I believe this some of our problem we believe in star system but top teams are working to get balanced scoring from their teams. The next is we have recruited players with some great athletic abilities but if anything these players have gone backward. this team did not improve much over the season and puts us into where do we stand going into next year. Also we’re losing Kacie for next year and I don’t think we can pencil in any players beyond Pemberton as probable starter. Hurst has to much baggage to account on for us to improve on. She does’t play defense and her offense mind of her getting her offense doesn’t make for team concept. Then we have freshman group Horne, Cottingham,Owen and Ibrahim will need more time to develop into starters. Beal has the tools to start but we have not developed her tools where she is ready to start and be counted on to start next year. I think her offensive confidence is all but gone and she has forgotten to be offensive minded when she has advantage. I could go on others but each them can have roles on this team. I believe if we get any openings we need to look to the portal find some talent ready to play and start. The year after that we need to find some players with length and can play as freshmen. I don’t see Mallory fixing this all next year but we better seem some big moves forward in the development of this program. That starts immediately after next weeks loss which is going occur  like clock work and I feel for Kacie and other senior players leaving this team. This year is pretty much lost year and two steps backward for the program.

5 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I think we have DI talent on this team but they have been failed by coaching staff this year you can see it pretty much in all phases of our game. This group of young players have not been coached in the fundamentals of basketball it shows when we play teams above us. We don’t play as a team it shows in our defensive play with lack of rotation and switching to cover players. The top three teams in conference scored 100 against in final games of the season. Mallory has talked playing team defense but we haven’t been able to do this. Second we haven’t had any offense that involved team scoring concept and we relied on Kacie and then Kiaha Hurst to provide offense and then Pemberton to create offense from her rebounding or fast break points. The worst part is this was acknowledged when we played Bison when she was interviewed. I was very disappointed in this comment because I believe this some of our problem we believe in star system but top teams are working to get balanced scoring from their teams. The next is we have recruited players with some great athletic abilities but if anything these players have gone backward. this team did not improve much over the season and puts us into where do we stand going into next year. Also we’re losing Kacie for next year and I don’t think we can pencil in any players beyond Pemberton as probable starter. Hurst has to much baggage to account on for us to improve on. She does’t play defense and her offense mind of her getting her offense doesn’t make for team concept. Then we have freshman group Horne, Cottingham,Owen and Ibrahim will need more time to develop into starters. Beal has the tools to start but we have not developed her tools where she is ready to start and be counted on to start next year. I think her offensive confidence is all but gone and she has forgotten to be offensive minded when she has advantage. I could go on others but each them can have roles on this team. I believe if we get any openings we need to look to the portal find some talent ready to play and start. The year after that we need to find some players with length and can play as freshmen. I don’t see Mallory fixing this all next year but we better seem some big moves forward in the development of this program. That starts immediately after next weeks loss which is going occur  like clock work and I feel for Kacie and other senior players leaving this team. This year is pretty much lost year and two steps backward for the program.

A lot of the problems are on Mal.  She says what’s wrong but doesn’t  fix the problems.  Hurst is such a liability because of no defense and selfish offense.  We played way too much selfish one in one offense. 
I would think a few in the transfer portal as soon as they can .

• Upvote 1

For anyone to think we have enough talent on this team to compete is delusional at best.  Coaching is hardly the main issue.  The players are below average outside of a couple.  They are not even close to being upper-level Summit players.  

which is why you see us losing by 50+ points.  She isn’t ready to run this program and it is showing.  And what was the point of bringing back Motherwell?  He is the main contact that got us into this mess.  Ignoring the four-state area and going to Canada/Michigan.  Great idea

• Upvote 1