SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Clowns for round 2.

Wilbur

18 hours ago, brianvf said:

He is out tomorrow but can play Sat night.

In Denver, wasn't that Kleven's 4th game misconduct?  I thought that would by him 2 extra games now, per this rule:

22.2 Suspensions - A player who receives three (3) game misconduct penalties in the same season (including exhibition games) shall not be permitted to play in the team’s next regular-season or tournament game against an NCAA member institution. For each additional game misconduct penalty (e.g. four, five, etc.) assessed to the same player in the same season, the player shall be suspended for one (1) additional game. This shall not be part of a progressive penalty structure. Exhibition games cannot be used to fulfill the suspension for this violation.

How do they interpret "for one (1) additional game".

Third: one game
Fourth: one game ... or one plus one

The "shall not be part of a progressive penalty structure" leads me to believe fourth is one, fifth is one or else the structure would be "progressive" (meaning fourth is two, fifth is three). 

The way it's written only lawyers like it (because they could litigate it and draw fees). 

Some stats to chew on for this weekend's series.

For SCSU:

• points leaders: Jami Krannila (16g/17a/33pts), Zach Okabe (15/12/27), Grant Cruikshank (17/10/27).
  • +/- leaders: Jami Krannila (+20), Brendan Bushy (+18), Zach Okabe (+16).
  • +/- laggards: Brady Ziemer (-3), no one else with a negative +/-.

For UND:

• points leaders: Jackson Blake (13g/20a/33pts), Riese Gaber (16/12/28), Chris Jandric (3/24/27).
  • +/- leaders: Chris Jandric (+9), Judd Caulfield (+6), Ben Strinden (+5).
  • +/- laggards: Riese Gaber (-12), Owen McLaughlin (-10), Cooper Moore (-10). 

52 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I think its time to remove the part about this team's defense being like the 2015-16 team.

I was alluding to the fact that the 2015-16 blueliners averaged 0.48 points per contest (24-91-115 in 241 combined games played), and this year's squad is above that number (0.53).

But your point is well made. The championship d-corps chipped in offensively while also allowing just 1.84 goals per game (2nd-best in the nation), while this year's team is allowing 3.14 (45th).

I'll update the article to clarify. Thanks!

Dave

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2023 at 7:33 AM, Wilbur said:

I attached the current conference standings so everyone can see where we're at.  SCSU comes to the Ralph.  Maybe a split?  Duluth swept them?  Grinders?  Culture?  I don't know if Russia sending a Nuclear Warhead this way could wake up this group.

489574240_Screenshot2023-02-12082725.png.a66a8f2e112e6909328b21ffba30190a.png

As you can see, @MafiaMan is completely out of reality to not think we can't catch Omaha for home ice in the conference.  He owes me an ice cream cone at the X when we are playing in the conference championship game.  I'll happily eat that ice cream cone walking around beautiful downtown St. Paul around all the homeless people and human feces in the alleys.   

Sweep.  Book it!

Here is another reason for UND to host a first round playoff in the NCHC post-season tournament.  The quality of the TV broadcasting coming from the away rink if UND must go on the road.