SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Clowns for round 2.

Wilbur

I attached the current conference standings so everyone can see where we're at.  SCSU comes to the Ralph.  Maybe a split?  Duluth swept them?  Grinders?  Culture?  I don't know if Russia sending a Nuclear Warhead this way could wake up this group.

489574240_Screenshot2023-02-12082725.png.a66a8f2e112e6909328b21ffba30190a.png

As you can see, @MafiaMan is completely out of reality to not think we can't catch Omaha for home ice in the conference.  He owes me an ice cream cone at the X when we are playing in the conference championship game.  I'll happily eat that ice cream cone walking around beautiful downtown St. Paul around all the homeless people and human feces in the alleys.   

Sweep.  Book it!

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I’d sit 10 this weekend. He was over the line and made a selfish play that cost the team. Ramifications. 

Buuuuuut......as we've seen in the past with guys....not saying any names....Ghett Rardner we'll call him....it doesn't matter what you do....you will be in the lineup. 

• Upvote 1

I’m guessing that we will pass UMD and CC in the standings before the end. They have tougher remaining schedules and hopefully UND can claw out some points this weekend. 
We won’t get enough points for home ice though. My guess is we’ll be 5th seed traveling to #4 for the first round. 

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I’m guessing that we will pass UMD and CC in the standings before the end. They have tougher remaining schedules and hopefully UND can claw out some points this weekend. 
We won’t get enough points for home ice though. My guess is we’ll be 5th seed traveling to #4 for the first round. 

Looking at schedule i think it shakes out this way

1. Denver

2. WMU

3. UNO

4. SCSU

5. UND

5. UMD

7. CC

8. Miami

54 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Since the only way to make the tournament is to win the conference championship, it's time to sit the 5th year players and get the freshmen and sophomores that have been sitting some ice time. 

So on the contrary you want the fifth year guys who have gave their blood sweat and tears to this program for half a decade to sit in the stands and watch the potential last game of their college and perhaps hockey career? Yeah that’ll help recruiting and “culture “. These guys paid their dues and deserve to play every possible minute before it’s over. 

55 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

So on the contrary you want the fifth year guys who have gave their blood sweat and tears to this program for half a decade to sit in the stands and watch the potential last game of their college and perhaps hockey career? Yeah that’ll help recruiting and “culture “. These guys paid their dues and deserve to play every possible minute before it’s over. 

Selfish play is not part of the culture and need not be rewarded. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dustnyou said:

I don't believe you understand what this word " deserve " means.

Poor performance doesn't "deserve"  any type of preferencial treatment. Ever. In hockey, or in life.

• Upvote 1