SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Pios - Chip and a chair

stoneySIOUX

22 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I know, I’m just saying last time he did a similar article our PP went to hell. Rather not take any chances. 

With video today, there are no mysteries save for what happens off-ice away from the cameras. And even then ... ???

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Is it just me thinking it’s not a great idea to have articles published analyzing our power play that are readily available to the other team? 

38 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

It's all on video.....for people a lot smarter than BES to break it down .

Yeah, we don't do anything wild, we just do it really, really well this season. In this situation, it's much more about the Jimmys and Joes than the Xs and Os.

On 2/8/2023 at 12:36 PM, Goon said:

I agree that he should sit out the next game. Being it's Denver, he probably won't. I also believe that Magnus Chrona should be sitting out for the next game based on his antics at the end of the game. 

Anyone have video of this? 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Anyone have video of this? 

I don't know how to pull a highlight...but if you have access to the archived game on NCHC.tv, go to the 2:20:15 mark of the video stream (19.6 seconds left in the third period) to see the scrum.

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Flight to DEN should be gone.

Who was not on it? 

I'm thinking Montgomery, Schmaltz, KJ, ... and ... 

Brent Johnson is the one left behind once again:

The four players who did not travel to Denver are forward Dane Montgomery (upper body), forward Jake Schmaltz (upper body), defenseman Brent Johnson and goaltender Kaleb Johnson.

At this point, I'm guessing we'll only see Johnson on the ice again if a few dmen go out with injuries.
Unless he is really committed to the program, I'd be really surprised if he doesn't go portal route (although I'd love to see him stay).
And he'll probably have a good JR/SR seasons for another team.

11 hours ago, brianvf said:

Brent Johnson is the one left behind once again:

Brent Johnson last played in early December (first half). He's played 13 games per the UND website. You can play ... 

... 30 percent of the maximum number of contests or dates of competition of the playing season that concludes with the NCAA championship as set forth in Bylaw 17 for the applicable sport plus one contest ...

and still have the year not count per the DI Manual 12.8.6.2.1 (b). 

If the "maximum number of contests of the playing season" means just regular season, that's 34 so the max would be (10.2+1 or) 11. But if "maximum" is max possible schedule, that would be 34 plus 4 conf tourney and potentially 4 NCAA tourney for 42. In that realm max becomes (12.6+1 or) 13. 

What I'm saying is, if "max games" is 42 and Johnson hasn't played since Christmas (12.8.6.2.1 (a)), this season does not count as a year of eligibility if they keep him off the ice the rest of the way. If I'm wrong and 34 is the max number, the season does count against his four eligible.

Before someone says it, an injury is not required; 12.8.6.2.1 is strictly play based "does the season count". Injuries are covered under a different rule section.