SiouxSports.com Forum

Lunatics @ hawks Saturday thread

gfhockey

I think this is a season on the line type of night. As soon as I saw Hellsten was starting yesterday, felt like a WMU sweep. To be fair, they currently are as bad offensively as they are in net. We’ll see what kind of team this is tonight.

1 minute ago, jk said:

I find it odd that DeRidder has a bad game and then doesn't see the net again for so long.  I'm not saying he should, but it must be an interesting situation to lead the coaches to these decisions.

As far as DeRidder...word is that he is having a hard time adjusting to life at UND and really isn't fitting in well with the guys in the room....but that is just a rumor I heard.

3 minutes ago, jk said:

I find it odd that DeRidder has a bad game and then doesn't see the net again for so long.  I'm not saying he should, but it must be an interesting situation to lead the coaches to these decisions.

He has had a good game here or there but he has been largely bad in his opportunities as well. Looks a lot like the guy I watched at Michigan State, was hoping a better team in front of him would make a difference but not really.

Thought James had a tough night so not surprised to see him out tonight but thought Matteo did some good things so not a fan of yanking him out of the lineup again.

Johnson getting the start to night feels like the desperation move of nothing else has worked so lets give it a try. Almost like you are hoping he can lead a miracle run to the NCAA Tournament and it would be a great story but to me it is more a indictment on where this program is at in the moment and it isn't a good place.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I think this head coach is grasping at straws, he has no idea. 

I think he's hoping that it gives the team a bit of a spark.  Might as well give it a try...unfortunately a goalie hasn't stepped up now so might as well try the other remaining option.

If he can have a save % above .900, he's already winning.

• Upvote 3