SiouxSports.com Forum

Lunatics @ hawks Saturday thread

gfhockey

The crappy thing about Johnson (Brent) not playing is that with all the dmen leaving next season, he'll get plenty of ice time.
But will he stick around for another year after sitting for most of this year or will he elect to enter the portal?

Would hate to lose him because I think he has good potential to be an excellent upperclassman for us.

34 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

He has had a good game here or there but he has been largely bad in his opportunities as well. Looks a lot like the guy I watched at Michigan State, was hoping a better team in front of him would make a difference but not really.

He leaves MSU and they are having a decent season.  Coincidence or not???

36 minutes ago, brianvf said:

The crappy thing about Johnson (Brent) not playing is that with all the dmen leaving next season, he'll get plenty of ice time.
But will he stick around for another year after sitting for most of this year or will he elect to enter the portal?

Would hate to lose him because I think he has good potential to be an excellent upperclassman for us.

Who would you like Brent Johnson to play over? The guys playing over him have been better. 

28 minutes ago, brianvf said:

He’s a third rd draft pick, he can’t just not play. He should have played in the ushl last year and this should be his frosh year. But him not playing when kleven is out says a ton. 

1 hour ago, jk said:

I find it odd that DeRidder has a bad game and then doesn't see the net again for so long.  I'm not saying he should, but it must be an interesting situation to lead the coaches to these decisions.

But both DeRidder and the other goalie  have each had ample chances this season to grab hold of #1 net-minder jjob but both have struggled mightily. Lather, rinse, repeat. Groundhog Day. 

36 minutes ago, Goon said:

Who would you like Brent Johnson to play over? The guys playing over him have been better. 

How about #2 or #3 , six was recruited by this coaching staff let him play , the portal guys were brought in as insurance not daily players. Or maybe the coaching staff can’t recruit. 

It was nice that Coach Berry last night mentioned that the team was getting too cute with the passes.
A number of comments on this site during the year mentioned this.  Also teams looking at game tape, could easily figure out how to shut down the passing lanes. What happened to all those players that were outstanding snipers when scouted prior to coming to UND and are not producing?

2 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Moore!

1-0

Last night stoneySioux made a great point for this team when stoneySioux said “I don't care how 
pretty they look, how many times we score, how many times they score, just as long as we get the win - Goaltending. Goaltending, goaltending, goaltending. Who will step up tonight?