SiouxSports.com Forum

#22 UND visits #18 WMU

brianvf

Potentially some high scoring games this weekend.
Some random stats (current NCAA rank):

Shooting % -- #2 WMU 12.8% / #3 UND 12.2%
Save % -- #57 WMU .875 / #61 UND .861
PP % -- #3 UND 28.0% / #4 WMU 27.8%
Goals/game -- #1 WMU 4.2 / #10 UND 3.5

So they both score a lot, score on a high % of their shots, neither have goalies that stop a high % of SOG, and both have one of the best PP in the nation.

I just hope that UND can come out on top of one of the games (in regulation, please!).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, brianvf said:

Potentially some high scoring games this weekend.
Some random stats (current NCAA rank):

Shooting % -- #2 WMU 12.8% / #3 UND 12.2%
Save % -- #57 WMU .875 / #61 UND .861
PP % -- #3 UND 28.0% / #4 WMU 27.8%
Goals/game -- #1 WMU 4.2 / #10 UND 3.5

So they both score a lot, score on a high % of their shots, neither have goalies that stop a high % of SOG, and both have one of the best PP in the nation.

I just hope that UND can come out on top of one of the games (in regulation, please!).

So with all of that said I'll go....

Friday WMU 2-1

Saturday 2-2 WMU SO win

Berry will pull out the black NODAK jerseys Saturday to salvage a Pairwise tie.

On 12/5/2022 at 5:58 AM, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Western going to be snarly after being swept by Omaha , not a good situation for us. 

Their defense got exposed at Baxter. If Omaha hadn’t laid back in the third, it could have been much worse. The shelved the offense on Saturday to cheat towards defense. Rowe is not solid in net and we need to just pour in shots.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:27 AM, Oxbow6 said:

So with all of that said I'll go....

Friday WMU 2-1

Saturday 2-2 WMU SO win

Berry will pull out the black NODAK jerseys Saturday to salvage a Pairwise tie.

doubtful they will wear the black Nodak jerseys. Those jerseys were worn for one game, and they have a commemorative patch on them. I am willing to bet that they come into the rotation next year but with ADIDAS not doing hockey jerseys any longer who knows. 

3 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Their defense got exposed at Baxter. If Omaha hadn’t laid back in the third, it could have been much worse. The shelved the offense on Saturday to cheat towards defense. Rowe is not solid in net and we need to just pour in shots.

Rowe will probably have the game of his life against UND. The old “show’em what they missed” game.. 

1 hour ago, N of GF said:

UND will be snarly after being swept by Saint Cloud, not a good situation for Western.

58 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Maybe a better way to look at it !

3rd game in a row that UND, er, NODAK, gives up 6 straight goals at some point?

You’ll have to forgive my extra snarkiness today.  It’s cold outside. 

2 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I thought they had to go 3-1 these last four games and that’s not happening but 2-2 would be a shot in the arm for the new year. 

They have one league win in their last six NCHC games.  Hard to see them getting a sweep against WMU...but I'm optimistic for one win.

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

3rd game in a row that UND, er, NODAK, gives up 6 straight goals at some point?

You’ll have to forgive my extra snarkiness today.  It’s cold outside. 

Something has to give.

Western Michigan gave up 7 straight goals against UNO on Friday night after jumping to a 3-0 lead.

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

15 will be back.in the lineup Friday

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/defenseman-ethan-frisch-set-to-return-for-series-against-western-michigan?fbclid=IwAR1HxDg_SX6_FWX-RCiRfHvjJ-CZmz6oA88wWDQQhwrcv0xsuZBKp1NxLLM

It's a good time for the National Collegiate Hockey Conference's defensive defenseman of the year to be coming back into the lineup.

Senior Ethan Frisch, who has missed the last three games due to a lower-body injury, will be back in the lineup at 6 p.m. Friday when the Fighting Hawks take on Western Michigan in Lawson Ice Arena.

I forgot that Frisch won the Defensive Defenseman award last year.

The blue liners and goaltenders will have their work cut out for them against a Broncos team that's averaging 4.2 goals per game. Western Michigan is led by its potent top line of Ryan McAllister, Max Sasson and Jason Polin — three of the top four scorers in all of college hockey.

McAllister is the nation's top scorer by a wide margin with 33 points in 18 games. Polin is second nationally in goals (13) and third in points (24). Sasson, the center, is fourth in points (23).