SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

Let’s let the rest of this season play out. I will say, as someone who at the end of the year, has always been able to spin an optimistic future for this program, it’s hard to do right now. Seems to be too many holes from the coaching staff to positional groups. Starts next week. Need a true run like we have not seen yet at the D1 level. 

18 minutes ago, AJS said:

Starts next week. Need a true run like we have not seen yet at the D1 level. 

I agree. I’ll always support this program, staff and student-athletes. I hope this team still wins several more games this season, but we also have to be realistic with the big picture.

Hopefully Chaves is being realistic and considering the big picture,  too.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I think Chaves and most of the boosters are content with 5-7 wins, especially after beating the Bison this fall.  

You’re probably correct, but it’s unfortunate.

Again, big picture-wise, this program has regressed some since NDSU win. Chaves and boosters better realize that; unlikely UND even beats NDSU if they play again this season, or next season when UND plays in FargoDome. 

20 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’re probably correct, but it’s unfortunate.

Again, big picture-wise, this program has regressed some since NDSU win. Chaves and boosters better realize that; unlikely UND even beats NDSU if they play again this season, or next season when UND plays in FargoDome. 

We have regressed since the NDSU win or maybe it was just one of those days for NDSU.

The offense was pathetic yesterday.  Same old swing-passarama .  I don't understand our game plan.  How easy is it to cover receivers if the refs are letting them hold and we never throw deep?

We have big, mobile LT and LG.
We have a big, strong RB who is deceptively fast.

Sounds like the 1982 Washington NFL team. (Yes, that’s Stone Age history to some of you.)

Someone introduce the “counter trey” concept to Danny.
https://studentofthegame101football.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/play-design-the-famous-counter-trey/

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So UND gets an effective home playoff game. 

Win … and we’ll surely be sent on the road. 

UND has historically bid  the first game pretty high. What happened last year year won’t happen again.  Should we make the playoffs, chances are high we are hosting the first round.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I think Chaves and most of the boosters are content with 5-7 wins, especially after beating the Bison this fall.  

You are way off here

maybe Chaves is but any loyal booster isn’t 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

So that post says we don't deserve to make the playoffs after our performance yesterday......as in losing by 4 points on the road to the #6 team in the country.....makes sense. 

Basing on just yesterday, agreed. If UND wins next Saturday and gets left out @ 7-4, you won’t hear me complain. Some of their losses have been bad. Some of their wins have been ugly. I’ll go as far as to say, they don’t only have to win against ISU-R, it has to be in convincing fashion.