SiouxSports.com Forum

Ward's Revenge on the Beaver(s): Saturday vs BSU

Oxbow6

I know it may be bashed as a Nancy-negative assessment, but damn - the "lows" are pathetic.  The fact that UND barely scratched out a win at home against a middle of the pack team is just indicative of where they are now - a middle of the pack team.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

I know it may be bashed as a Nancy-negative assessment, but damn - the "lows" are pathetic.  The fact that UND barely scratched out a win at home against a middle of the pack team is just indicative of where they are now - a middle of the pack team.  

Ah, last week was worse.  Losing a game at home to the worst team in the league...now THAT'S a low. 
So...slightly better results this week.
We'll see if they can come home with any points from SCSU next week.

• Upvote 3

Bast, Ness and James were really good this weekend. 

Gaber McLaughlin Blake have to stay together from here on out.

Moore was very solid tonight coming off an illness.

Much better crowd tonight than anticipated.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bast, Ness and James were really good this weekend. 

Gaber McLaughlin Blake have to stay together from here on out.

Bast was impressive considering this was his first couple games all season.
Ness continues to disrupt the other team and create chances...he's improved since last year.
James is getting the feel of NCAA hockey it seems.  I think we'll see him continue to get better as the season progresses.

And for sure on GMB.  There's a lot of skill on display when those three are on the ice together.

16 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

Just as a reference our next opponent, SCSU, who is currently 4th in the PWR, split with Bemidji in their home and home earlier. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Just as a reference our next opponent, SCSU, who is currently 4th in the PWR, split with Bemidji in their home and home earlier. 

…and it’s not like other UND teams haven’t had problems with Bemidji.  The 2016 championship team tied them, and recall Oshie having to score late to get UND a 1-0 win.  If anyone knows anything about this series, they know they always play us tough.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I say the boys go 3-1 to finish off 2022

Have to at least split, then take care of those same teams above us at home, but 3-1 would certainly keep our head above water going into the second half.  Go get next Friday’s game and take it from there.

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

Have to at least split, then take care of those same teams above us at home, but 3-1 would certainly keep our head above water going into the second half.  Go get next Friday’s game and take it from there.

I think Sendens line has to step it up in their shutdown role if we’re to go 3-1. I think it’s safe to say the GMB line should provide some more firepower and give the other team matchup problems with them. I think 3-1 is realistic at this point.

Just now, siouxnatty#8 said:

I think Sendens line has to step it up in their shutdown role if we’re to go 3-1. I think it’s safe to say the GMB line should provide some more firepower and give the other team matchup problems with them. I think 3-1 is realistic at this point.

If St Cloud chooses to try skate with the GMB line I think they’ll have serious afterthoughts.

11 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

If St Cloud chooses to try skate with the GMB line I think they’ll have serious afterthoughts.

Cruikshank has been putting up a good number of goals for them.

I didn't realize how old SCSU is.
They have five graduate 5th year players and seven seniors on their roster.  That's a lot of experienced players.

First two games of the year we didn’t score a power play goal.  Lost the special teams battle both nights, giving up a pp last night and short handed tonight.  We need to win the special teams battle if we want to beat St Cloud.  Need to play better on big ice surface than we did against Minnesota. 

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

They have five graduate 5th year players and seven seniors on their roster.  That's a lot of experienced players.

Do scholarship awards affect social security?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Senden line will have to shut down Cruikshank and his line. So important to have Senden line back together to fill that shutdown role.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Oldguy said:

Except that almost all of UND’s 20 some home wins against the Beavers have been barely scratched out since they went Dl. No matter how good the Sioux have been. Beavers are very well coached and they know how to play against teams with more talent. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Oldguy said:

I don't think there is much doubt that we are now a mid pack team. The question is, are we a mid pack team moving up? Or down?