SiouxSports.com Forum

Crime

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Documented crime and violence is now a strawman argument? Good grief. 

Kind of like the documented "Poop Map" of San Francisco.  The issue doesn't exist........until you step in it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Of course they know there is crime. It's Fargo, isn't it? So many clutching their pearls here about the big city dangers. 

You believe a corporation who would fire their injured employee in a heartbeat and I'll believe what history has shown us. 

Then, you can visit the gas station you already don't patronize in six months when it's still open. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, southpaw said:

Then, you can visit the gas station you already don't patronize in six months when it's still open. 

Admittedly I don't go to downtown Fargo but I can name four business owners within two blocks of the 13th Ave location; they are friends. And the Randy's by the south U location has the best Andouille sausage omelette in the area. I do patronize those areas and I hear the stories from those there daily. 

Be angry at PetroServe for pointing out the problems, not me. 

rough night in the hood last night boys (check out neil carlson)...

but this is more a story about how cherry heights/lagrave/110 cherry street needs to get fixed asap....(last nights incident started at lagrave.....)

110 cherry st area used to be a nice quiet safe place or elderly, handicapped, and slightly mentally deficient people and you can't even come close to saying that anymore. thieves, druggies, totally mentally ill people and sometimes all three of those in the same person.

bo needs to fix this bc that area isn't safe or for those above people anymore which is a shame for people that need to live there.

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

but this is more a story about how cherry heights/lagrave/110 cherry street needs to get fixed asap....(last nights incident started at lagrave.....)

110 cherry st area used to be a nice quiet safe place or elderly, handicapped, and slightly mentally deficient people and you can't even come close to saying that anymore. thieves, druggies, totally mentally ill people and sometimes all three of those in the same person.

bo needs to fix this bc that area isn't safe or for those above people anymore which is a shame for people that need to live there.

This will give this post some context. 

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of ATV’s out doing larvicide for mosquitoes.  Maybe it’s just perception, and maybe the rain has prevented getting out ahead of it, but whatever it is, we finally get a few nice days and you can’t stand still or you will get eaten alive.  Better start spraying soon, because we need the summers to keep some sanity.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tnt said:

Has anyone else noticed that there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of ATV’s out doing larvicide for mosquitoes.  Maybe it’s just perception, and maybe the rain has prevented getting out ahead of it, but whatever it is, we finally get a few nice days and you can’t stand still or you will get eaten alive.  Better start spraying soon, because we need the summers to keep some sanity.

Guess this is the crime thread, not community in general, but the mosquitoes in this town are criminal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

talked to a lady that works downtown and she said a homeless shelter or something closed in Fargo so they all came up here.......if true explains the influx of homeless people downtown.

On 6/1/2024 at 10:43 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Where do you put societies less desirable people?

They need to go somewhere.

They do seem to "feed off of each other" (thus probably fueling arguments/fights) when you put a lot of them close together.

One area to "only control one spot" or spread them out to other areas possibly deteriorating those areas and having people move/avoid?

Societies likely always struggled with this "problem."

50 minutes ago, Cratter said:

They do seem to "feed off of each other" (thus probably fueling arguments/fights) when you put a lot of them close together.

One area to "only control one spot" or spread them out to other areas possibly deteriorating those areas and having people move/avoid?

my buddy has lived at 110 cherry st for 20 years now and it's not even close to what it used to be....when the link went up that place used to have potlucks, music, a working tv with remote and pool and the kitchen.

now the link is as dead as a cemetary (partly to fear of the covids still)......and the criminal element has moved in and taken the whole place down..i think the spot across the street from the police station (lagrave) was supposed to take a few of the worst of the worst over there but that doesn't seem to be happening.

20 hours ago, Cratter said:

Used to just ship them off to Australia.  Modern option seems to be California/Portland.

19 hours ago, JackJD said:

We’re trying a new experiment in South Dakota:  elect less desirable people as the State’s Governor. 

Not a fan but I raise you, "Minnesota"

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JackJD said:

We’re trying a new experiment in South Dakota:  elect less desirable people as the State’s Governor. 

Anyone who shoots a puppy in the face is a low form of life.

Not a political comment, just a basic decency comment.

9 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Anyone who shoots a puppy in the face is a low form of life.

Not a political comment, just a basic decency comment.

^^^This.   I lost whatever respect I had for Noem after that stunt.   I agree, not political.

• Upvote 1

Violent crime in Fargo up 45% since 2019 per the Fargo Forum. Nothing to see here as long as you aren't a victim according to some on this thread. My next question would be what percentages of the 45% increase can be broken down to certain groups of citizens per capita?? Pretty sure Wes knows the answer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 6/5/2024 at 6:17 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Violent crime in Fargo up 45% since 2019 per the Fargo Forum. Nothing to see here as long as you aren't a victim according to some on this thread. My next question would be what percentages of the 45% increase can be broken down to certain groups of citizens per capita?? Pretty sure Wes knows the answer.

SO it's the black people?  Just step up and say it!  You like to be called the "metro" - with "metro" comes mo' problems bro!

• 2 weeks later...

A handful of people in Bismarck this weekend following the Governor's lead in supporting a felon. I think we can all agree that more respect from our leaders should be shown to those who abide by the law, amirite.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

6 hours ago, southpaw said:

A handful of people in Bismarck this weekend following the Governor's lead in supporting a felon. I think we can all agree that more respect from our leaders should be shown to those who abide by the law, amirite.

Like the Biden crime family 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4