SiouxSports.com Forum

Crime

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did I say that? 

I'm just amazed at your knowledge of a story that has somehow been kept out of media in one of the leakiest cities around. Even @gfhockey has thrown some shade your way. 

I think me and @gfhockey were getting confused with the broken drum murder and this guy's death when we were posting.....

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

KC SB parade shooting.....yesterday Burnsville MN cop killings and no one in the mainstream media has any idea who committed these crimes? No pictures, no names, no ethnicity.

Maybe McFooley can try to get George Floyd's opinion on all of this.......

Funny how that works.  And some don't believe the media has a bias with these sorts of stories. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

If all this info is out there why isn't it being reported in conservative media? If its available from authorities it should be easy for them to report.  

Like ABC? CBS? NBS? MSNBC? CNN? NPR? NY Times? WaPo? You mean all of those? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

If all this info is out there why isn't it being reported in conservative media? If its available from authorities it should be easy for them to report.  

Yeah like what conservative media outlet are you referring to?

Just one example, a minor like Rittenhouse shoots 3 guys in about the most clear case of self defense a court has seen in years......and his photo is blasted everywhere in the press.  Meanwhile.....for some reason the minors in this case are having their identity protected....because they are minors.  Just looking for consistency whichever side that consistency may be.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

Where did I say that? That's mainstream media not conservative media

Again 2 police offices and fire department member were shot dead. By who?? (We all know the answer) Why isn't the mainstream media all over this? Cause it doesn't fit their narrative. Same thing for the KC SB shooting.

16 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

Try Alpha News, they have a direct line to law enforcement in the Twin Cities.

They reported it so his name and race is out there.

13 hours ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

His name and mugshot are literally on the St Paul Pioneer Press website, the top story on the Star Tribune, WCCO, KSTP and KARE11

Local is covering it and including photo of the shooter.  But try googling Burnsville shooter....and look at the stories....USA Today....AP...etc.  The majority of those stories don't include a photo..  or they bury it well down the article.  Bias at its finest. 

Just looking for consistency. Either the media blasts these photos of criminals at the risk of glorifying them.  Or let's not publish photos of any of them. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

This story is crazy. Who woulda ever imagined Dubay would live in Grand Forks. He must feel like he’s gone to hell on Earth.  I hope he can eventually find recovery. 

https://m.startribune.com/onetime-kfan-personality-jeff-dubay-is-jailed-after-latest-drug-related-arrest/600353043/

that's crazy!  what's he doing here?

On 4/6/2024 at 11:54 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Last place anyone would look for him. 

GFPD should have him on a short list if the Ralph ever gets vandalized.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is crazy and very sad if even remotely true!!

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/grand-forks-man-accused-of-abusing-wife-whos-in-hospital-with-cancer

Doctors provided a letter to law enforcement that stated, "There is no doubt in my mind that if she were to return to his care she likely would not survive another abuse. Her medical conditions put her at even a greater increased risk of death. It is imperative that she get provided the protection she needs so she can get the appropriate medical care she needs."