SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross @ UND - Friday SEASON OPENING Gameday!

stoneySIOUX

I’m eager to see what Berry does with the goaltending this weekend. I’d like to see both get a night in net. Also think these two games won’t be a blow out, Holy Cross has played some amazing D since last half of last season. It’ll be interesting to see, I got a hawks sweep! LGH!!!! Gameday is finally here!

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Frankly I'm glad they know more about what is coming in from last week (W over BC) than Gopher history. 

Agreed. My first reaction that it was weird they didn't know about it, but then I thought more about it. That was 16 years ago... some of these kids were toddlers when that happened. Then, I felt bad about myself because I felt old LOLOL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Agreed. My first reaction that it was weird they didn't know about it, but then I thought more about it. That was 16 years ago... some of these kids were toddlers when that happened. Then, I felt bad about myself because I felt old LOLOL

I wasn’t surprised they didn’t know. The ones they asked are also not from the area. Costantini is from Ontario and Sidorski, who was also mentioned saying he didn’t know either, is from New York. I feel like it’d be more something the more local/Minnesota guys might know, but not the guys from out East. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

They were toddlers; I was there. :unsure:

And @PCM knows: I called the Holy Cross win a couple days after the bracket came out. I based it on a HC team of Fr/So that lost two years earlier to UND that were now Jr/Sr. When I met him outside the press box (he was writing for USCHO at the time) before OT I didn't say a word; I just smiled at him. 

Maybe the best off-the-boards headman pass in the history of REA happened that OT.

Crying shame that HC used up a lifetime of luck in REA in that game. ;) 

1 minute ago, Kevin G said:

This will not be the first trip to the Valley for at least a couple of Crusaders. According to Holy Cross's roster, freshman goalie Louden Hogg and junior defenseman Jack Robilotti both played for the Fargo Force.

Now that you mention it I do remember watching them when they were with the Force 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

They were toddlers; I was there. :unsure:

And @PCM knows: I called the Holy Cross win a couple days after the bracket came out. I based it on a HC team of Fr/So that lost two years earlier to UND that were now Jr/Sr. When I met him outside the press box (he was writing for USCHO at the time) before OT I didn't say a word; I just smiled at him. 

Maybe the best off-the-boards headman pass in the history of REA happened that OT.

Crying shame that HC used up a lifetime of luck in REA in that game. ;) 

Such a nasty pass. Listen to the pop of that crowd. Chills every time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I wasn’t surprised they didn’t know. The ones they asked are also not from the area. Costantini is from Ontario and Sidorski, who was also mentioned saying he didn’t know either, is from New York. I feel like it’d be more something the more local/Minnesota guys might know, but not the guys from out East. 

Yep, for sure. Not to mention they were basically babies lol.