SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross @ UND - Friday SEASON OPENING Gameday!

stoneySIOUX

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Kid is just a bull on the blue line.  His skating is light years ahead of where it was when he arrived.  The major penalty that HC took may have been worse if it was someone besides him that took the hit. 

His shot was a howitzer. 

1 hour ago, I Ranger said:

It will be interesting to see if there are any changes tonight. I would suspect if so it is because they were basically pre-planned before the weekend to mix in some guys as Berry has a history of if winning the lineup remains the same unless injuries. 

What will be interesting to see is what they do in goal.  How do you take someone out who had a shutout, but if Berry is looking to get a look at Hellsten’s progression from last year, this may be the best opportunity in a while with Quinnipiac, Minnesota, and the Hall of Fame game on the horizon.

2 hours ago, jk said:

Probably Kunz and Portz in for Strinden and Ness.  Albrecht was so good late last year and there's no room currently. Injuries will happen again, but this year it appears the team will not be running out of good players unless it gets really bad.

Do you put Albrecht in as the extra, rather than an extra defenseman and get him spot duty like they did with Sidorski last night?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

There was great anticipation about how good would Jason be.  He answered any questions very quickly.

Like father, like son.

But to be fair he had already played a year of college hockey at Ferris State and had to sit out a year at UND for transferring, so he had quite a bit of experience.

• Upvote 1

I remember the anticipation about Jason because you kept hearing how he would be a difference maker having to wait out that transfer year.  To say the least, he was worth the wait, similar to hearing about Jackson’s skills early on and waiting for him to get on campus.

6 minutes ago, tnt said:

I remember the anticipation about Jason because you kept hearing how he would be a difference maker having to wait out that transfer year.  To say the least, he was worth the wait, similar to hearing about Jackson’s skills early on and waiting for him to get on campus.

And ... the rapid improvement in team performance after Blais' first two years, multiplied by the banner drought of 9 years.

15 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Moore is electric. Gaber needs to move the puck more. He’s gripping the stick too tight.

Most of us seem to agree about Gaber.   Thing is, he seems to be the consummate team player, just trying to do too much.   As the other skilled forwards continue to improve, Gaber will feel less personally responsible for generating scoring opportunities.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

To be really fair…they were throwing everything they could at the net. Basically Everytime they crossed the blue they let it go. We we’re holding onto pucks and playing a possession game. Waiting for the right opportunities. I actually loved it.

We controlled the puck, had good passes through out the ice and some great passes to down in front of the net. 
SOG were not a indication of even play.
I like reading your after game posts, thx.

Could be a closer game today.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Kid [Cooper Moore] is just a bull on the blue line.  His skating is light years ahead of where it was when he arrived.  The major penalty that HC took may have been worse if it was someone besides him that took the hit. 

I'm no expert on skating, but I had this exact same impression. Cooper Moore moved so well last night. 

3 hours ago, burd said:

Most of us seem to agree about Gaber.   Thing is, he seems to be the consummate team player, just trying to do too much.   As the other skilled forwards continue to improve, Gaber will feel less personally responsible for generating scoring opportunities.  

I think it’s more than that…I feel like he’s trying to play for a contract. I noticed he seemed frustrated coming off the ice most shifts. Just needs to relax…play a simple game and take what’s given to him.