SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Jersey/Helmet Discussion

Siouxperfan7

Updated with the new silver helmet: https://www.helmethistory.com/north-dakota.html

Looking at the helmet history, I would love to see UND mix in a white helmet. Add a green facemask and use the hawk logo with the green "ND" and it would look really sharp. The Ohio State theme looks awesome, but green and white has always been my favorite look.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, GreenWing said:

Updated with the new silver helmet: https://www.helmethistory.com/north-dakota.html

Looking at the helmet history, I would love to see UND mix in a white helmet. Add a green facemask and use the hawk logo with the green "ND" and it would look really sharp. The Ohio State theme looks awesome, but green and white has always been my favorite look.

White would be cool too. Regardless we need to use the modern interlocking ND so we don’t have to worry about permission. 

the existing gray helmets would also go well with a true throwback jersey design too. We need to find money to have multiple jersey options like Oregon. Sells your program for what it costs it will bring you notoriety!

24 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Please send this into the athletic department!!!!! How about another help Bubba campaign! Include a jersey with a certain donation level ($1000?)

They’re on this site and I’m sure some  people on here who have the right connections have/will forward this on to the right people.

who was the guy that came up with the "blacks" for the men's hockey team.......didn't he have a whole mockup/presentation for his boss(s) and sold HIS idea?

when they did it they did it right....top to bottom iirc

so far over the last few years bottoms that didn't really match anything......absolutely horrendous green tops...and now the grey helmets that kinda went with the blacks....

but imagine if a year ago someone in the football side of things (or heck anyone in the AD's marketing dept) came up with an idea for the "grays" and had a presentation/mockup ready for his/her boss(s) and had a call list of former football players to get this done for the ndac game?

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

I heard during the ISU broadcast that UND got special permission from Notre Dame to use the interlocking ND logo on the helmets for the NDSU game.  I know there was some discussion on that earlier.

Does UND not have the money to put a different interlocking ND ( and. Trademark we actually own) on the shoulder or does someone in the athletic department really think those helmets looked good with nothing on them?

Either way shame on UND. We looked like a bunch of ragglemuffins out there. Such a joke out uniforms have been the past decade. 

that gray helmet doesn’t match that black uniform in the first place with or without a logo on it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The interlocks were either (a) not owned or (b) retired. 

I think the new secondary hawk looks helmet-worthy (because is it mirrorable). 
https://campus.und.edu/brand/logo-system.html#d57e809--1 

Does Notre Dame own all ND trademarks or just the one? Seems pretty silly to have not trademarked the interlocking ND that I have on Mechandise. It had a TM but question is do we own it and if it is retired. 

What a disaster Schaefer left us with !

8 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Does Notre Dame own all ND trademarks or just the one?

We had to get permission from Our Lady of South Bend to use the block interlock. Doesn't that answer the question. 

The stylized ND interlock is retired. When it came out many disliked it because it wasn't the block (which was owned by ...). 

When the new logo came the decision was made to get rid of any potential problems with an interlock. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The silver helmets would go better if we had a silver/grey pant.
See also: The Ohio State

This is only 100% correct. Everyone needs to see the mock up done earlier of Kelly green jerseys with silver helmets/pants in style of Ohio state. It’s only spot on what UND should do. Only debate would be what logo to put on the helmet …

39 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Credit to Big A HG..

This would be perfect for home.  I think a simple white top with green or silver numbers would look good for road.  Then build from that point.  But, build this as the base going forward. 

image.png.0f0c1f4bde452f1f54fbf04f4d2c9785.png

Love these. Maybe we could use helmet stickers....instead of Buckeye stickers we hand out Mike stickers to players who have big games or game changing plays.