SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 ND High School Hockey

1 hour ago, Johnny Five said:

West competed well this year.  However rink rumor has Minot splitting off into 2 after next season.  Perhaps that’s the beer talking who knows…

I’ve heard the same thing. Just going to weaken the west that much more but give more kids the opportunity to play high school hockey 

21 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Bismarck and Minot will fight tooth and nail against that (as they should). If you want western North Dakotans to take to the streets with torches and pitchforks, that would do it.

Grand Forks should get the original blueprints of the Old REA and build an arena based on them, just with more comfortable seating and state-of-the-art technology. This would be an almost perfect home for the State Hockey Tournament. It would also provide another ice sheet for teams looking for ice time, which seems to always be scarce.

I would definitely chip in some money to make it happen.

The old Ralph atmosphere for State was pretty spectacular.  If I recall correctly many Saturday nights had well over 5000 people, and some years it was damn near full.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Clark17 said:

The old Ralph atmosphere for State was pretty spectacular.  If I recall correctly many Saturday nights had well over 5000 people, and some years it was damn near full.  

A few times, the fire marshal had to stop people from coming in, it was so packed in there. Those tournaments were great.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Clark17 said:

Played at state there in 76/77 and 77/78. Loved that barn. With that said we played in an ice box in Jamestown at the time so for us it was too damn hot in there. Ice was slower than what we were use to but we still loved it. Went 0-4 in those 2 years but the year Grafton won it we gave them their toughest game losing 3-2. Next day we lost to South 4-3 

• Upvote 1