SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 ND High School Hockey

Not sure if the rosters are public, but through the rumor mill most of the "big boys" in the state are there and a few "thanks for coming to tryout" were included.  There may have been some who were invited but declined due to spring sports or what have you.  Not sure if any have declined due to Juniors for example Sproule, Reynolds Boren, Lang and those types are allegedly there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

No Olsonowski? 

Noel lives in Moorhead but attends school at Shanley so he's on the wrong side of the river for Team ND activities.  He shared goaltending duties with the Spuds Weigel in the Elite league last fall for their team.  

10 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

Noel lives in Moorhead but attends school at Shanley so he's on the wrong side of the river for Team ND activities.  He shared goaltending duties with the Spuds Weigel in the Elite league last fall for their team.  

Well that explains everything. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, NDSU grad said:

A little late on this, but how was attendance and atmosphere for the girls’ tournament in Minot?  

Pretty much meh as we expected.  Obviously once the puck dropped the girls still got after it....

Minot was in the Semis against Davies and that crowd was great.  3rd place Minot v Legacy was OK.  Other than that, it was like a youth hockey game unfortunately.  Not ripping Minot or the facility, they did a great job and the venue was perfect.  It's unfortunate that North Davies title game wasn't played in front of 4K fans at Scheels arena because that game deserved it.  

Apparently, next year they are going to attempt it at WF Sports Arena?  Brutal.  I do think if they are gonna keep boys and girls separate Fargo is the place to have it since they can draw from 3 fan bases in the metro.  

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

Has he committed to a college yet?

12 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Has he committed to a college yet?

Talked to his dad after the championship game and he really hasn't heard from teams yet, but I can't imagine he doesn't end up at least in the NAHL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Talked to his dad after the championship game and he really hasn't heard from teams yet, but I can't imagine he doesn't end up at least in the NAHL.

I believe Selkirk in the MJ own his rights north of the border and I believe the NAHL is his dream for his next step, so I imagine he will be "camping" this summer.  

Well onto MN state tourney.  Gotta pull for the spuds and warriors for those in the cities who think northern mn is st cloud.  Would’ve been fun to see Bentz back with the Spuds this season (thought they lost a couple others too).  Would be nice to see  Moorhead break through sometime. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 9:03 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

2022-23 Boys All State

Mostly spot on, couple eyebrow raisers, maybe a shocker even, but all these kids had good years.

Screenshot_20230307_210124_Twitter.jpg

I'm amazed there weren't more Red River kids on the list.  I thought they could have 5 or 6 honestly.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm amazed there weren't more Red River kids on the list.  I thought they could have 5 or 6 honestly.  

Some of that is just laughable.  Not trying to rip on the kids who made it but there’s definitely some who deserved better.