SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 ND High School Hockey

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hey, I predicted the state championship game....but you'd like not to predict this in August....

You probably could've picked that one last February after watching State.  I recall thinking neither South or RR was losing much.  

Guessing 2023-2024  will be a little more difficult to project.  I'm not as familiar with the EDC but in the WDA the Patriots and Sabers return most of their main pieces, they both could take another step if the off-season work is put in....Minot loses 8 seniors (I think), Mandan returns their main core losing 3 SRs, and the way Jamestown improved this season I wouldn't be surprised if they're there again - although they lose a lot of scoring and their tendy who is legit.  

I imagine the EDC will be a bitch again.

Rumor at the rinks is that the GF schools said "no more" to Bismarck schools.  Unfortunate with the teams CHS and LHS have the potential to return, however hard to blame GF either.  Geography is the west's bitch.

3 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

You probably could've picked that one last February after watching State.  I recall thinking neither South or RR was losing much.  

Guessing 2023-2024  will be a little more difficult to project.  I'm not as familiar with the EDC but in the WDA the Patriots and Sabers return most of their main pieces, they both could take another step if the off-season work is put in....Minot loses 8 seniors (I think), Mandan returns their main core losing 3 SRs, and the way Jamestown improved this season I wouldn't be surprised if they're there again - although they lose a lot of scoring and their tendy who is legit.  

I imagine the EDC will be a bitch again.

Rumor at the rinks is that the GF schools said "no more" to Bismarck schools.  Unfortunate with the teams CHS and LHS have the potential to return, however hard to blame GF either.  Geography is the west's bitch.

Don’t need the bismarck schools 

Rerick put them on there cause he’s from the west

now we got a mn ad and will want mn schools

Hey I don't blame them.  GFC was here in December and beat CHS by one whole goal and Paranica was quoted in the paper talking about enjoying coming out West and how he's a proponent of ND hockey and it's good for the state.....ahhhh....whoops, nevermind.  

But like I said, I don't blame them, and geography for the WDA is and will always be enemy one.  

Guessing what goes around comes around regarding other sports...however this is a hockey thread so none of us probably care, not that there's ever much cross over between the 2 school districts.

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

Who will be doing play by play and color for the girls tournament? 

Pretty sure it's the same coverage as the boys.  No PSP with audio feed it doesn't look like.  And based on the schools that are there and with hoops going on all over the state I highly doubt there's gonna be any radio stations there.  

11 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

The current WF Bantam AA is the cream of the crop in the state.  Interesting to see where most of those kids go.  Sheyenne??  

Yes, sorry I meant Grand Forks nantam Aa crop isn’t good

but peewee aa looks to be 2nd in nd and minnesota behind moorhead

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

The current WF Bantam AA is the cream of the crop in the state.  Interesting to see where most of those kids go.  Sheyenne??  

A good number of them are Packers, including the goalie.  I've heard he is headed elsewhere though.  

Sheyenne returns a good nucleus of players.  1-6 in the EDC will be a dog fight.  Red River returning Bydal, Gardner, Ulmer, Ray.  I think it's there's to lose.  North a close 2nd. 

• Upvote 1