SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 ND High School Hockey

Was at the Ralph today and three of the four games were pretty good contests.  Hats off to Legacy, Minot and Century for battling it out for the West Region.  Three one goal games where a bounce could of went the other way and you'd have a different outcome.

Things kind of setting up again for Red River-South part IV, but I guess you never know with the goaltenders from Sheyenne and Davies.  

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Was at the Ralph today and three of the four games were pretty good contests.  Hats off to Legacy, Minot and Century for battling it out for the West Region.  Three one goal games where a bounce could of went the other way and you'd have a different outcome.

Things kind of setting up again for Red River-South part IV, but I guess you never know with the goaltenders from Sheyenne and Davies.  

Aside from my Jays they were 3 entertaining games with Century surprising me. Those Vig boys are pretty good 

33 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Obviously the weather had a lot to do with it but that last game last night it was a ghost town in there 

It was the worst atmosphere imaginable for a very entertaining game.

The use of basically smooth jazz elevator Musak played at times made it feel quite clinic like.

This tournament should basically never be in the Ralph. It's not some special once in a lifetime deal for these kids to "play on the UND" ice.

At this stage they've all played here, been involved with camps and tournaments here. It's not special, it's not worth the vast emptyness and massively inflated costs to parents, spectators and NDHSAA.

Rotate the thing between Minot and Fargo.

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

We should just move all state tourneys to Fargo 

Bismarck and Minot will fight tooth and nail against that (as they should). If you want western North Dakotans to take to the streets with torches and pitchforks, that would do it.

Grand Forks should get the original blueprints of the Old REA and build an arena based on them, just with more comfortable seating and state-of-the-art technology. This would be an almost perfect home for the State Hockey Tournament. It would also provide another ice sheet for teams looking for ice time, which seems to always be scarce.

I would definitely chip in some money to make it happen.