SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 ND High School Hockey

22 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The point is, the Old REA had a much better atmosphere for these games than the New REA does. It is just too big.

Of course its too big.

But you're also against moving it to Fargo where it would have a better atmosphere because its a lot smaller venue.

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Of course its too big.

But you're also against moving it to Fargo where it would have a better atmosphere because its a lot smaller venue.

I am against Fargo having everything at the expense of the other three cities in the state. If you think the west gripes about the east now.......

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am against Fargo having everything at the expense of the other three cities in the state. If you think the west gripes about the east now.......

No arena is big enough in the West so until there is one it will always be in the East 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Minneapolis has everything too in their state.

Fargo gives the best fan experience and is centrally located population wise for the state.

Aka. "The west" population is on I94 and can get to Fargo easier than GF. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cratter said:

Minneapolis has everything too in their state.

Fargo gives the best fan experience and is centrally located population wise for the state.

Fargo is not Minneapolis. Not even close. Don't buy the Imperial Cass County propaganda pushed by Forum Communications.

As for being "centrally located", tell that to people in Bismarck or Minot or anyone else out west. Next Fargo will want the State Capitol too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Fargo is not Minneapolis. Not even close. Don't buy the Imperial Cass County propaganda pushed by Forum Communications.

As for being "centrally located", tell that to people in Bismarck or Minot or anyone else out west. Next Fargo will want the State Capitol too.

No one is comparing the size of Minneapolis to Fargo.

" The west" is located mainly on I94 and would like it in Fargo as it gives them a better fan experience and is easier to get to.....same reasons as Minneapolis.

But "We don't like the attitude of people in Fargo" is not a valid reason against.

18 minutes ago, Cratter said:

No one is comparing the size of Minneapolis to Fargo.

" The west" is located mainly on I94 and would like it in Fargo as it gives them a better fan experience and is easier to get to.....same reasons as Minneapolis.

But "We don't like the attitude of people in Fargo" is not a valid reason against.

You indirectly compared Fargo to MSP in one of your previous posts.

If Fargo ever gets big enough to have it's own Congressional District like Omaha does, then we can talk about having all state tournaments there. Until then, it is an utterly preposterous idea. It is absurd that Grand Forks may be left with only State Tennis in the future. :angry:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

It is absurd that Grand Forks may be left with only State Tennis in the future. :angry:

I don't get why it's that big of a deal if GF only has tennis?

Especially if the alternative is for the betterment of the state.

Most cities in ND have zero state tournaments.

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I don't get why it's that big of a deal if GF only has tennis?

Especially if the alternative is for the betterment of the state.

Most cities in ND have zero state tournaments.

I am talking about Fargo, Grand Forks, Bismarck and Minot. No one else.

And that whole "who cares" attitude is what is wrong with Grand Forks. There is no civic pride anymore. :(:angry: