SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

Just now, I Ranger said:

I'd be surprised if Brett Larson doesn't get a call. 

Funny how Wisconsin thought they hit an absolute home run (grand slam!) with the last coaching change getting all 3 guys they wanted and look where it got them! 

I agree on Larson. He’d be a good choice and could probably make a lot more money in Madison. 

2 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Serious people know that Wisconsin won’t even give passing thought to anybody on the Nodak staff. 

They won't. It's going to be as big of a name, with a proven record, as they can get. 

I threw out Karl in jest, because many here think he is the coach in waiting. I'm not so sure.

If it comes time for UND to let BB go, I would love to see a national search. If for nothing else just to see the names that it would draw.

• Like 2

I’m just getting around to watching the DU at Western game from a week ago where DU got a 5 minute power play on a very questionable head contact call. Wow. When Starman talks about what a terrible call that was ten minutes after the play occurred there’s something to it. Behrens skates into Polin, gets knocked down and they give Polin a five, which leads to a 5 on 3 power play for DU and they score twice to put what was a 1 goal game out of reach. 

Fast forward to this past Saturday night in a one goal game late in the third, DU’s Carter Mazur gets checked hard (but clean) into the boards. He gets up and goes directly after CC’s Connor Mayer and spears him in the nuts. The refs immediately call a 2 minute slashing penalty and review it but ultimately and inexplicably don’t give Mazur a 5 and game for spearing. Unbelievable. I guess DU are the darlings of the NCHC and have been the beneficiaries of so many calls made their way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I think a Brett Larson or Scott Sandelin would do big things at Wisconsin with the money that they would have.  Heck, they could throw a ton of money at David Carle to get him into the mix.

I think Larson is a very good coach, but he had an underachieving team last year like we have this year, and they haven’t exactly sucked it up after a bit of adversity losing Anhorn.  Larson probably is a candidate, but while you have more resources, the pressure would be enormous.  I do think he would be better at having a good mix of character guys and high end talent.

3 hours ago, I Ranger said:

I'd be surprised if Brett Larson doesn't get a call. 

Funny how Wisconsin thought they hit an absolute home run (grand slam!) with the last coaching change getting all 3 guys they wanted and look where it got them! 

Funny how the brother was the better coach. 

8 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Not very surprising. Wonder if there's any chance some of their more prominent commits will re-open for recruitment?

Wonder how many of their committed players open up their recruitment once again...and how many of their current players enter the portal.
Could be some decent players from both sides that Berry and Co could take a look at.

Larson I hadn't though of. SCSU should be concerned. 

Fersch at WMU has to be on the short list. 

Sandelin might bite for one last pay day, so might MSU-Mankato's guy. 

I don't think they'll get Opie out of DU unless they break the bank. 

Rohlik has the problem that the last "name" alumnus they hired they just fired and frankly his resume is the weakest in this post. 

UW and MTU are classic "frenemies"*; the programs know each other so I think Shawhan will get a look. 

*I consider BSU a "frenemy" of UND. 

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Wonder how many of their committed players open up their recruitment once again...and how many of their current players enter the portal.
Could be some decent players from both sides that Berry and Co could take a look at.

I'd stay away until the player announces they are re-opening recruitment.

Do unto others ... 

My sources have efforted and acquired a copy of the application for the Bucky job.
In the spirit of "chuck the pigskin!" please help me to fill out my application. ;) 

Objective:
The coveted "Bucky1MIH" WI license plates

Coaching Philosophies:
1. Fire the Biscuit! (If it's been a while there in Madison that means "shoot the puck".) 
2. Goaltending is like money and pizza: ain't no such thing as too much.
3. I recruit defensemen from Canadian and Czech penal colonies ... but they'll be great B1G students I'm sure.

What special attributes do you have?
1. I've skated at least once on the quarter city block glacier called "Pioneer Park Rink" in Valley City ND so I should be ready for practices at Kohl, but in VC I might have been more concerned with female figure skaters than hockey. That's no concern to you.
2. I've fired a biscuit or two on other outdoor rinks. 

How will you fill your staff? Do you have names for us to evaluate? 
PR - @stoneySIOUXwill be my spin doctor as @PCM is smart enough to not work for me
Asst Coach - @sioux rube ... too easy, and he'll handle everything and I mean everything
Goalie Coach - @Wilbur... probably only qualified guy on my staff beyond rube ... 
Roster Management - @Oxbow6 ... next question
Post-game celebrations - @MafiaManbut please send the official UW definition of "win" so he knows when to trigger fireworks
Social Director - @gfhockey... duh (and he'll surely find a pub in Mad-town)
Quality Control - @Blackheartas he's the only one Oxbow and Blackheart might listen to 

Salary requirements:
I'll just live in the dorms (room and board) as long as the UW covers all of @gfhockey"social expenses" incurred. 

Other notes for UW consideration:
gfhockey might post positively about UMD and Sandelin at times while on my staff. No. Really. And he's serious. We think he's really Sandy's bestie but he's a "social director" writ epic. ;)  

34 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

My sources have efforted and acquired a copy of the application for the Bucky job.
In the spirit of "chuck the pigskin!" please help me to fill out my application. ;) 

Good stuff…two things though; I need a raise and I won’t work with Mafiaman.;)

Just now, Blackheart said:

Good stuff…two things though; I need a raise and I won’t work with Mafiaman.;)

Even if you get to be like his pseudo-boss ... 

Attention Posters: I have a QC opening on the staff. 

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So that’s a no to the raise?

I don't think they'll bite at my salary requirements the way it is. They only have a $4 billion endowment at UW. 

Just make sure gfhockey picks up your tabs. Best offer. 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I don't think they'll bite at my salary requirements the way it is. They only have a $4 billion endowment at UW. 

Just make sure gfhockey picks up your tabs. Best offer. 

Can’t wait for our first staff meeting!

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Can’t wait for our first staff meeting!

Get the time and location from gfhockey.
I suspect he'll set it up as a standing meeting on our calendars ... until none of us can stand up. ;)  

@The SicatokaI would also like to help assist with branding the hockey program in terms of jerseys.  I was thinking totally outside the box and something original and fresh:  black jerseys with red SCONNY going diagonally down the front with some red sleeve and hem stripes too.  Your thoughts? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MafiaMan said:

@The SicatokaI would also like to help assist with branding the hockey program in terms of jerseys.  I was thinking totally outside the box and something original and fresh:  black jerseys with red SCONNY going diagonally down the front with some red sleeve and hem stripes too.  Your thoughts? 

Better check to see if it’s already trademarked….