SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal 2022

cberkas

9 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Your Captain enters the portal ... 

I can't quite get over that. 

It's all about the culture that Jeff Jackson talks about.  Don't understand that with them bringing in Primeau, but if UND didn't make room for Senden and he decided to go elsewhere, I wouldn't have a problem with that.  Coaches need to make tough decisions about who they want coming back, depending on how their future roster is constructed.  

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I give you ... Connor Ford. 

Ford_Connor.jpg?width=300

Bowling Green 20-21, Connor Ford as C : 20-10-1

Bowling Green 21-22, no Connor Ford, 15-19-3

1 hour ago, tnt said:

It's all about the culture that Jeff Jackson talks about.  Don't understand that with them bringing in Primeau, but if UND didn't make room for Senden and he decided to go elsewhere, I wouldn't have a problem with that.  Coaches need to make tough decisions about who they want coming back, depending on how their future roster is constructed.  

If your Captain is a role model, a leader, then letting him go is admitting you made a mistake.   That has repercussions for all the rest of the roster.  Pivonka's stats have never been great.   Just makes me question Jackson's character, and his claims about culture.   (And yeah I don't understand bringing in Primeau.)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

I had a buddy that moved from Grand Forks to Fargo. He said it was because Fargo has culture....... I reminded him that mold is a culture too!

Anyone who chooses either over the other because of "culture" needs to cross a border.   Any border.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'll ponder aloud again, is 15F the right number today. We've been short bodies on game day a couple times the last few seasons. 

Now some math with numbers: 

• 8D, 25% hurt (2), 6 left, full game card
  • 15F, 25% hurt (3.75, or 4), 11 left, NOT full game card <-- Does going to 16 or 17 make sense if the logistics (and dollars) work?  

And when I say "full game card" I'm saying 6D and 12F and not considering the "extra skater" slot. 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll ponder aloud again, is 15F the right number today. We've been short bodies on game day a couple times the last few seasons. 

• 15F, 25% hurt (3.75, or 4), 11 left, NOT full game card <-- Does going to 16 or 17 make sense if the logistics (and dollars) work?  

And when I say "full game card" I'm saying 6D and 12F and not considering the "extra skater" slot. 

This is a good question. Let's say Player A has a discussion with the coaches and he knows playing time is going to be tough and he's receiving limited scholarship dollars. Some might choose to go to the Portal, but what if Player A loves playing at UND and is fine with that situation. Most likely being a healthy scratch. In that situation, having him on the team doesn't hurt at all. Roll with an "extra" guy. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I forget how the Covid/Scholarship dollars work.

Do Senden and Hain count against the 18 schollies?

7 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I forget how the Covid/Scholarship dollars work.

Do Senden and Hain count against the 18 schollies?

They do this year. 
Last year they made exceptions for the seniors wanting to stay an extra year...this year it is back to normal.

• Upvote 1