SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal 2022

cberkas

16 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:
Can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em? :lol::D Good luck to Calder!

I like this move a lot. Playing in a more offense-centric league with less grinding and hitting for a guy that needs a bit of space and time to score. But, when he gets it, he's pretty lethal. I bet he puts up really solid numbers next season. He'll play his way into an AHL contract and inflict pain on Minnesota and others we hate. Good for all parties :D.

Cheers, Ashton. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I like this move a lot. Playing in a more offense-centric league with less grinding and hitting for a guy that needs a bit of space and time to score. But, when he gets it, he's pretty lethal. I bet he puts up really solid numbers next season. He'll play his way into an AHL contract and inflict pain on Minnesota and others we hate. Good for all parties :D.

Cheers, Ashton. Good luck!

Would love to see him bury a few game winning goals against the gophers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

2nd round pick Tristan Broz from UMN (only a freshman last year) enters the portal.
He seemed to struggle a bit last year but some good upside for his upperclass years in college.

Wasn’t he one that some were lamenting losing to Minnesota?  I do agree that he will be a good one when he’s an upperclassman.  You almost need to keep a scholarship open for last minute surprises now.  

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

What is going on in Dinkytown?

Brennan Boynton to the portal

I’m going with he ends up at St. Cloud

If it’s true that Cruz is decommitting as well, that means they’ve lost two players to portal, one signing a pro contract, and one lost recruit all in two days. :0

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

If it’s true that Cruz is decommitting as well, that means they’ve lost two players to portal, one signing a pro contract, and one lost recruit all in two days. :0

I was over there and sounds like they lost 4 to the portal 

10 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I was over there and sounds like they lost 4 to the portal 

I think they pushed Perbix, Brinkman, and Sorensen to the portal, so lost might not be the terminology for all of them.

31 minutes ago, tnt said:

Youth Hockey Hub saying Broz to Denver.

I heard that as well.
DU picked up a couple quality portal forwards in Dornbach from Harvard and Broz from UMN.
Broz is raw but has talent, he could be a great jr/sr player for DU.

Those two won't replace Brink and Savoie, but will help fill in some forward gaps.
Still no word on Stapley and Guttman (that I've seen) on if they'll move on or use their COVID year to go back for a 5th season.
If those two return, DU will definitely be good once again.

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

I heard that as well.
DU picked up a couple quality portal forwards in Dornbach from Harvard and Broz from UMN.
Broz is raw but has talent, he could be a great jr/sr player for DU.

Those two won't replace Brink and Savoie, but will help fill in some forward gaps.
Still no word on Stapley and Guttman (that I've seen) on if they'll move on or use their COVID year to go back for a 5th season.
If those two return, DU will definitely be good once again.

Denver has at least two very high end incoming freshman forwards so you would think that you’ll see more leave. 

• 4 weeks later...