SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal 2022

cberkas

• cberkas changed the title to The Portal 2022

Not hockey, but this is straight-up predatory use of "the portal" excuse by the Grambling Tigers admin for their poor recruiting and roster management. 

New volleyball coach at Grambling cuts entire roster 

GSU Athletic Director Dr. Trayveon Scott also issued a statement this week. It reads, “Just as the transfer portal empowers student-athletes, our coaches are also empowered to make the decisions they deem necessary to advance their programs.”

The next few weeks are going to be "high velocity" ... 

I'm not sure that 100% aligns with this document:
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/OneTime_Transfer.pdf 

The tweet makes it sound like "transfer complete"; the document reads like "in the portal".

Either way, now to May 1 will be busy. 

38 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Not hockey, but this is straight-up predatory use of "the portal" excuse by the Grambling Tigers admin for their poor recruiting and roster management. 

New volleyball coach at Grambling cuts entire roster 

Going forward, how do you get a traditional recruit if you are known to cut your entire roster if you aren't winning.   Not easy to go into a potential recruits household and try and convince their parents that Grambling is the right fit for them. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, tnt said:

Going forward, how do you get a traditional recruit if you are known to cut your entire roster if you aren't winning.   Not easy to go into a potential recruits household and try and convince their parents that Grambling is the right fit for them. 

Grambling coach to recruit and parents…”I can’t promise you playing time, I can’t promise you success. But what I can promise you is that I’ll cut your *ss in a heartbeat if we aren’t winning. So, how would you like to come and be a Tiger?!?!” 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Grambling coach to recruit and parents…”I can’t promise you playing time, I can’t promise you success. But what I can promise you is that I’ll cut your *ss in a heartbeat if we aren’t winning. So, how would you like to come and be a Tiger?!?!” 

WVB Recruit: Awesome! Can you promise cold, drafty locker rooms with backed up toilets with no doors and no hot water in the showers too! 

Parents: And can you make sure they get fresh towels in the locker room twice a season? A creepy old janitor* leering in the showers would also be appreciated. 

*sorry @stoneySIOUXbut @Godsmackalready applied and got the job

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

WVB Recruit: Awesome! Can you promise cold, drafty locker rooms with backed up toilets with no doors and no hot water in the showers too! 

Parents: And can you make sure they get fresh towels in the locker room twice a season? A creepy old janitor* leering in the showers would also be appreciated. 

*sorry @stoneySIOUXbut @Godsmackalready applied and got the job

Hahahahaha