SiouxSports.com Forum

OMAHA! @ UND

stoneySIOUX

These next 4 games are crucial. 4 games that should be and nearly have to be wins. Also that means its four games that scare me. For postseason sake, specifically the NCAA's, I'd say 3-1 is critical. Much less than that probably takes away a shot at the penrose, along with pairwise taking a hit. UND seems to always drop one against Omaha at the Ralph. Always hoping for a sweep, but lets get Friday first. 

44 minutes ago, NoDaks said:

These next 4 games are crucial. 4 games that should be and nearly have to be wins. Also that means its four games that scare me. For postseason sake, specifically the NCAA's, I'd say 3-1 is critical. Much less than that probably takes away a shot at the penrose, along with pairwise taking a hit. UND seems to always drop one against Omaha at the Ralph. Always hoping for a sweep, but lets get Friday first. 

If this weekend were in Omaha, I'd say we hope for sweep, expect split. Here at home, we need the sweep and I believe the sweep will come. 

• Upvote 1

The Swede in net Friday is the right answer 

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Big series coming up. Omaha reeling a bit and UND can't afford to lose games with teams below us in PWR. 

Who starts in net? I feel like we'll see Drizzy on Friday.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I didn't like what I saw from him in that first period on Saturday and Drizz was fantastic. I would be fine with either, I just think Drizz is going to get the start

A PPG and two breakaways? 

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

A PPG and two breakaways? 

Was more about body control, positioning. But, IMO, we have to have one of those two saved. Not his fault, per se, but we needed one to be stopped. Again, like said, I am fine with either, I just think Bubbs will go Driscoll.

1 minute ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Really depends on which Omaha team shows up. If the good one does, then I’ll never hear the end of it from my wife. If “the bad one“ does she’ll act like “it’s just a game“ and move on. My worry is that they show up and we don’t. That would be really bad.

Hahaha that's funny. I think we showed it on Friday, if UND plays their game the way they want to, we can beat anyone we play. Same goes for the opposite. I haven't seen enough of Omaha to say the same about them, I guess.

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hahaha that's funny. I think we showed it on Friday, if UND plays their game the way they want to, we can beat anyone we play. Same goes for the opposite. I haven't seen enough of Omaha to say the same about them, I guess.

Like I said she graduated from UNO. Makes for two really interesting weekends a year. I watched a bunch of her games, when they show up they’re pretty impressive when they don’t they’re pretty depressive. Game one against UMD all she did was stare at the TV, game two was hysterical, game 7 of the Stanley Cup.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Was more about body control, positioning. But, IMO, we have to have one of those two saved. Not his fault, per se, but we needed one to be stopped. Again, like said, I am fine with either, I just think Bubbs will go Driscoll.

I agree with you. I think/hope these past 3 games were really a wakeup call for Driscoll and you could tell in his play in relief on Saturday. I also agree I didn't think Hellsten looked very good on Saturday. I think it's Driscoll's net on Friday. 

6 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I agree with you. I think/hope these past 3 games were really a wakeup call for Driscoll and you could tell in his play in relief on Saturday. I also agree I didn't think Hellsten looked very good on Saturday. I think it's Driscoll's net on Friday. 

I think it will be, but man, we definitely need some consistency from him. He's the vet.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

This is the type of optimism we saw heading into the Cornell series.
Ha!  Hopefully this weekend turns out better than that one.

One major difference is that going in to the Cornel series Driscoll knew he was starting and Hellsten knew he was not! Both now know that a start one night does not mean a finish or a start the second. They are pushing each other for ice time now as it should be. Also, we need both of them for the HCHC tourney and beyond. I honestly feel equally comfortable with either and agree that a rotation of some sort would be best.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mattim said:

One major difference is that going in to the Cornel series Driscoll knew he was starting and Hellsten knew he was not! Both now know that a start one night does not mean a finish or a start the second. They are pushing each other for ice time now as it should be. Also, we need both of them for the HCHC tourney and beyond. I honestly feel equally comfortable with either and agree that a rotation of some sort would be best.

I don't pin the Cornell series on the goalies.  Two of Cornell's goals on one of the nights the d-corps basically let a Cornell player completely alone in front.  Plus they had no goal support.  The offense came alive a bit during the SCSU series, and hopefully they can continue that against UNO.

I just want some consistency in play from week to week.  If the goalies both continue their solid play, the fourth line continues to chip in, and we can get reliable dman replacement minutes with Sanderson out, I like our chances.