SiouxSports.com Forum

OMAHA! @ UND

stoneySIOUX

5 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Really depends on which Omaha team shows up. If the good one does, then I’ll never hear the end of it from my wife. If “the bad one“ does she’ll act like “it’s just a game“ and move on. My worry is that they show up and we don’t. That would be really bad.

This is what worries me as well.  If you would have told me at the beginning of the year that UND would be where they are at in the standings, I would have assumed it would be because they brought it hard every night and were buzzing from the start of the game.  Would have assumed we would still have lost some games simply because we don’t have the finishers we had last year.  I think they played well enough to win at Western, but lacked the finishing. If they start bringing it game in and game out from the drop of the puck, they could be formidable down the stretch. After all, that is a huge part of the culture that they always refer to.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I didn't like what I saw from him in that first period on Saturday and Drizz was fantastic. I would be fine with either, I just think Drizz is going to get the start

I don't think Driscoll liked the bench last weekend.  He came in with an edge Saturday.  Driscoll is a very good goalie and not just because of Bemidji's system.  I like Hellsten too but Driscoll was lights out when he was being pushed to be by Hellsten.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mattim said:

One major difference is that going in to the Cornel series Driscoll knew he was starting and Hellsten knew he was not! Both now know that a start one night does not mean a finish or a start the second. They are pushing each other for ice time now as it should be. Also, we need both of them for the HCHC tourney and beyond. I honestly feel equally comfortable with either and agree that a rotation of some sort would be best.

I believe you ride the hot goaltender.  Only problem is neither of our goaltenders have been what you would call hot.  I though would say Driscoll was hot for two periods and ot and shootout Saturday.  Now if Driscoll can be consistent is another big ?.

I see our D tightening up as that had to be the focus of our practices this week without Sanderson. Look for a very tight checking game from the boys. I’ll be surprised if Omahahaha scores more than 4 goals this weekend. We just need to muster up 5 or 6. 

59 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Isn't Gabinet kind of a "Richard"?

Kind of? That would be like calling Jay Barribal "kind of" the ugliest player in college hockey history. 

He's absolutely a "Richard" .... could also be considering King Richard, but he's pretty young yet and hasn't reach our buddy Rand Pecker *cough* excuse me, Pecknold's level yet.

46 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

Look for a very tight checking game from the boys. I’ll be surprised if Omahahaha scores more than 4 goals this weekend. We just need to muster up 5 or 6. 

On the flip side, a tight checking game from us could lead to more PP from them depending on how the game is called, which could lead to Ward adding to his NCAA-leading PPG number this weekend.

16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

On the flip side, a tight checking game from us could lead to more PP from them depending on how the game is called, which could lead to Ward adding to his NCAA-leading PPG number this weekend.

Indeed. We must be clean and disciplined along the boards and minimize the damn stick penalties. Leave the cheap stuff to the Mavs, which they are known for.