SiouxSports.com Forum

Cornell @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Good first period; Shane's stop on the penalty shot was the key.  Our "bend don't break" (NCHC.tv announcer's description) seems to be holding the dam.  NoDak has such high skill players I would like to see us getting more pressure or at least being a little calmer on transition, but so far this is The Plan.  Really good series; I will love seeing these teams play at Lynah next year (Plague permitting).

At least we are playing with confidence.  If we can get into the NC$$, that will really help our 14 underclassmen.  But I wouldn't be at all surprised to see NoDak lay a 4-spot on the board next period.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LynahFaithful said:
Good first period; Shane's stop on the penalty shot was the key.  Our "bend don't break" (NCHC.tv announcer's description) seems to be holding the dam, but NoDak has such high skill players I would like to see us getting more pressure or at least being a little calmer on transition, but so far this is The Plan.  Really good series; I will love seeing these teams play at Lynah next year (Plague permitting).

At least we are playing with confidence.  If we can get into the NC$$, that will really help our 14 underclassmen.  But I wouldn't be at all surprised to see NoDak lay a 4-spot on the board next period.

Cornell playing typical Cornell hockey…simple, disciplined hockey. Definitely taking advantage of the opportunities given to them. I followed Cornell closely all those years in the early and mid 2000’s when they’d make the national tournament. Stout defensively, good goaltending, and big heavy forwards. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Cornell playing typical Cornell hockey…simple, disciplined hockey. Definitely taking advantage of the opportunities given to them. I followed Cornell closely all those years in the early and mid 2000’s when they’d make the national tournament. Stout defensively, good goaltending, and big heavy forwards. 

Thanks for the compliment.  We are fortunate our new players fit in well, I was expecting some chaos this season early but it never happened.

I've followed NoDak since the Hrkac Circus (I'm old). Always a pleasure to watch them play.

• Upvote 3