SiouxSports.com Forum

Cornell @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

I’ve seen all I need to of Driscoll.  Don’t see him drastically improving the rest of the year.  He seems to always be flopping and scrambling and has trouble controlling rebounds.  Without significantly better goaltending we have no chance to win #9, time to see if Hellsten can take the job.  I don’t know if he can but I have no faith in Driscoll. 

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I miss Thome

Eh I never was a big fan of Thome and I know it is with an overmatched St. Thomas team but .871 save and 4.44 GAA doesn't do much for me. 

Thought Driscoll would be a very good fit but he has been a much different goalie this year than we saw at BSU. Gotta give Hellsten the opportunity to take the job.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

UND down to #9 in the PWR now.  Ooff, that's quite a drop for one game.
They lose tomorrow and they're a bubble team all of a sudden.

Which with what I've seen of this team and its inconsistencies all season seems like where they should be.

3 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

Seems like there’s always an embarrassing loss or two every year. This would be one.  Bad loss to a below average team. Not a good start to the 2nd half. Is Judd Caulfield alive? Can we do trade backs with bemidji on Driscoll?

Seems there's one embarrassing loss each weekend, unfortunately.
So far, they've been good at responding to those losses with wins (we'll see what happens tomorrow), but that's not a good recipe for a long postseason run.

And if we're without Sanderson for all of February, that's certainly not going to help matters.

Just now, Godsmack said:

Seeing us lose to Cornell makes me awfully scared of when we have to play Western 4 times, St. Cloud twice and two on the road at Duluth. 

And at this point the 4 against Omaha and 2 against CC are no gimmies either given how we’re playing. 

12 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

I’ve seen all I need to of Driscoll.  Don’t see him drastically improving the rest of the year.  He seems to always be flopping and scrambling and has trouble controlling rebounds.  Without significantly better goaltending we have no chance to win #9, time to see if Hellsten can take the job.  I don’t know if he can but I have no faith in Driscoll. 

This is why I think Bubs has to give Hellsten the net. 

9 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

Seems like there’s always an embarrassing loss or two every year. This would be one.  Bad loss to a below average team. Not a good start to the 2nd half. Is Judd Caulfield alive? Can we do trade backs with bemidji on Driscoll?

Well this is atleast the 2nd embarrassing loss of the season.  The other Fri in St Cloud

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

So what’s the message to the fans when Berry doesn’t do the post game interview? I would love to hear his response to what happened tonight.

Berry did do a post game. Said basically we had a 5 minute lapse. BS.

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

So what’s the message to the fans when Berry doesn’t do the post game interview? I would love to hear his response to what happened tonight.

He did postgame with Midco. Didn’t take much away from it besides he mentioned Cornell is a good team, which just isn’t true considering basically every other opponent on the schedule.