SiouxSports.com Forum

Cornell @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I can't/won't expand, but their morning skate lacked today. We'll put it that way lol

Great, so we are screwed.   Last week Berry said they had great practices leading up to the game, so I suppose we can expect Cornell to come out and play inspired hockey.  UND better not have anymore carryover to their holiday blues.   

23 minutes ago, tnt said:

Great, so we are screwed.   Last week Berry said they had great practices leading up to the game, so I suppose we can expect Cornell to come out and play inspired hockey.  UND better not have anymore carryover to their holiday blues.   

Haha yep. I was thinking ... either this is going to turn into a motivated Cornell team, or a sloppy one. We'll see! Can't wait.

• Upvote 1

These stats for UND jump out to me:
Defense: 2.84 (30th)
Penalty kill: 79.7 (35th)
Goaltending: .884 (47th)

Those don’t scream championship contender.  Need significant improvement in the second half to have a realistic chance at #9.  There is no reason they can’t perform much better defensively and tonight would be a good time to start. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rochsioux said:

These stats for UND jump out to me:
Defense: 2.84 (30th)
Penalty kill: 79.7 (35th)
Goaltending: .884 (47th)

Those don’t scream championship contender.  Need significant improvement in the second half to have a realistic chance at #9.  There is no reason they can’t perform much better defensively and tonight would be a good time to start. 

Pretty crazy that we're 13-6 and near the top of the PWR. Feels like we're set for a deep run as long as we continue to improve. 

• Upvote 2

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but our U-18 loss had better inspire the boys. Not a good way to start the year.

Cornell should be a walk in the park (yeah, I know - famous last words), so it should be a good way to start the NCAA season.