SiouxSports.com Forum

Cornell @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Yeah, Cornell has had an easy season, and I can't believe how high they are ranked in the pair wise. But seeing our showing against them, I get it. :(

Page King. Seems par for the night. Maybe a bad omen for our success.

I'll try to do better (worse?) folks.

If Driscoll starts tomorrow night then Berry is admitting one of two things:  there’s no accountability for how well you are playing or he feels he has no other valid options.  Either it is an indictment of his coaching or of his recruiting.  If I have to bet, my bet is on Driscoll starting again.  If this was just one off night for him I would be fine with it, but the season stats say it is not just one night.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, rochsioux said:

If Driscoll starts tomorrow night then Berry is admitting one of two things:  there’s no accountability for how well you are playing or he feels he has no other valid options.  Either it is an indictment of his coaching or of his recruiting.  If I have to bet, my bet is on Driscoll starting again.  If this was just one off night for him I would be fine with it, but the season stats say it is not just one night.  

Oh stop, when we got Driscoll everybody was drooling how was a gold tender situation was covered. What are we gonna do wait till next year?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

I think this is an honest question and one that should be asked considering some of the things that have transpired with some recent recruits. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Oh stop, when we got Driscoll everybody was drooling how was a gold tender situation was covered. What are we gonna do wait till next year?

Are you happy with how he has played the entire season ?  I don’t remember the last time we had a starting goalie with a save percentage this low.  We’re allowing almost 3 goals a game.  Is it all the goalies fault ?  Not completely, but he has to play better if UND is going to have a reasonable chance for #9.  So far this year he does not look very good to me. 

Just now, bcblues said:

Hey, I admit he has been questionable at times, but last year's team was HIS, and it was awesome. So he does not lack the ability. I thought he did, at first, but I am a convert. And an unflagging optimist.

whoops, I meant to quote crb1

26 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Berry did do a post game. Said basically we had a 5 minute lapse. BS.

What's BS about it? We rolled for nearly all of that game. The five minute lapse cost us the game. No excuse for that to happen. Awful loss. But what he said was accurate.

• Upvote 2

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

What's BS about it? We rolled for nearly all of that game. The five minute lapse cost us the game. No excuse for that to happen. Awful loss. But what he said was accurate.

Yeah, I guess that IS accurate. Let's see if he can correct that problem.

17 minutes ago, Irish said:

I just don't get how a seasoned goalie with his stats last year can come to a better program with perhaps the best goalie coach in college hockey and play like he has.

So true. I was very, very happy he came here, but he's just not been good. Just isn't getting it done. Flat out.

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

How so? I'm all ears. 

Well, I would normally say senior leadership, but that is becoming less likely as our seniors are few and far between, and (except for Senden) not that impactful (although I can't say I am privy to the locker room chit. Beyond that, it is on the coaching staff. Hak was not a friend, but he was able to prepare the team fir battle. Just never able to push through to the championship.

1 minute ago, bcblues said:

Well, I would normally say senior leadership, but that is becoming less likely as our seniors are few and far between, and (except for Senden) not that impactful (although I can't say I am privy to the locker room chit. Beyond that, it is on the coaching staff. Hak was not a friend, but he was able to prepare the team fir battle. Just never able to push through to the championship.

Is a 13-7 record on January 7 following a season with a team loaded with seniors that frankly was the best in the country and had tons of leadership really a culture problem? If we tank and miss the tournament, I don't know if I'd lay it on a lack of leadership. 

I understand the look of this loss and the implosion of those five minutes tonight, but maybe we pump the brakes a bit on large, grandeur ideas that UND is a broken program.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Is a 13-7 record on January 7 following a season with a team loaded with seniors that frankly was the best in the country and had tons of leadership really a culture problem? If we tank and miss the tournament, I don't know if I'd lay it on a lack of leadership. 

I understand the look of this loss and the implosion of those five minutes tonight, but maybe we pump the brakes a bit on large, grandeur ideas that UND is a broken program.

Never said UND was a broken program. Far from it. Yes, we lost a bunch of top notch seniors last year. And covid crap didn't help us having to play Omaha ad infinitum. But it is on the coach to mold and form both the character and form of the team.