SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympics 2020 (2021)

LuvHockey

TV coverage is 4-5 full stations, but it is common to flip channels and get 4/4 or 3/4 showing ad after ad after ad....

One needs to really channel surf 4 stations to try to get any actual action, and this is before finals!

We need a "Netflix" channel for sports....

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

USA basketball lost....(crickets...)

And they can't even blame Kevin Love!

Didn't watch 5 minutes total of the NBA season but have watched some Olympic BB games and this game today. Team USA plays street ball. All the other team actually play basketball. Last time I checked these games are not being played in Harlem. Don't need to tune in to watch this USA team again.

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

USA basketball lost....(crickets...)

And they can't even blame Kevin Love!

This team is built all wrong.  Coach K, Dean Smith, Bob Knight, and Chuck Daly couldn't coach this team to a gold

This is 2004 all over again. 

*Now watch them win the gold

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Didn't watch 5 minutes total of the NBA season but have watched some Olympic BB games and this game today. Team USA plays street ball. All the other team actually play basketball. Last time I checked these games are not being played in Harlem. Don't need to tune in to watch this USA team again.

Don't have much of a basketball mind, but its fun watching the teams they play try on defense and move the ball with more than one pass per possession on offense.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Lotsa talent on the squad but do not play a real team game.  Hopefully they find their stride.

Likely because they have had very little time playing together, especially when compared to some of the other countries. Didn't 3 of the players fly in just a day or two before the game?

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Likely because they have had very little time playing together, especially when compared to some of the other countries. Didn't 3 of the players fly in just a day or two before the game?

Yes.  Middleton, Booker, and Holliday 

US women's soccer nil nil draw vs Aussies earlythis am.....so they were shutout in 2 of 3 pool play matches. Scored 6 vs New Zealand but my daughters u17 team could beat New Zealand. 

• Upvote 1

I quit watching as soon as it became political

i don’t care what an athlete thinks, I tune in to watch them play

i haven't heard one of them say what other flag they would like to play for.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Simone quit....bailed on her teammates. She admitted she isn't injured. Quit due to stress. 

Counterpoint - If she competed in the 3 remaining events, USA doesn't even medal.

She couldn't even execute a much simpler vault than she was going to originally attempt, scoring her worst score in years on a vault she can normally do in her sleep. A 15.183 in qualifications vs. a 13.766 in the finals. Run that drop in score over 3 more events and they don't make the podium.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Counterpoint - If she competed in the 3 remaining events, USA doesn't even medal.

She couldn't even execute a much simpler vault than she was going to originally attempt, scoring her worst score in years on a vault she can normally do in her sleep. A 15.183 in qualifications vs. a 13.766 in the finals. Run that drop in score over 3 more events and they don't make the podium.

Counter point......she quit on her teammates. Tough put lipstick on that pig.  Injury is a different story. Bailing because you're "stressed" should get her the first flight home.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Counter point......she quit on her teammates. Tough put lipstick on that pig.  Injury is a different story. Bailing because you're "stressed" should get her the first flight home.

If you can't perform, you can't perform whether it be mental or physical. Based on her vault attempt, she couldn't handle it at that point in time. I guess you can criticize her mental toughness if you want, but you don't become arguably the most talented gymnast of all-time being weak-minded.
She at least gave her teammates a shot at the podium since she wasn't a top 3 option for the remaining events and pretending to be one does nothing but hurt the team.
She was in a no win situation, if she tries to tough it out and bombs every attempt (which she already had shown was very probable), she still gets criticized for playing "hero ball" and not trusting her teammates (feel like there's already been some of that criticism somewhere else already....)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

If you can't perform, you can't perform whether it be mental or physical. Based on her vault attempt, she couldn't handle it at that point in time. I guess you can criticize her mental toughness if you want, but you don't become arguably the most talented gymnast of all-time being weak-minded.
She at least gave her teammates a shot at the podium since she wasn't a top 3 option for the remaining events and pretending to be one does nothing but hurt the team.
She was in a no win situation, if she tries to tough it out and bombs every attempt (which she already had shown was very probable), she still gets criticized for playing "hero ball" and not trusting her teammates (feel like there's already been some of that criticism somewhere else already....)

You win Dr. Phil.