SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

Yes it certainly would have helped if things played out better for kb but player by player sdsu is just better

A lot of things would have to align for us to be competitive against them much less sd 

again not unexpected. - the projectory is going the right way for the women - not so much for the men unfortunately 

I think SDSU stuck a stake in our heart in beginning of the third quarter and game was over.  I wish Bernhard would have put in the two freshman in the end of third and beginning of the fourth quarter to see how they would have matched up against South Dakota.  Anderson and Mccarthy would have matched up in size and would have been quicker covering the perimeter. Also they would have gotten little playing time against South Dakota this year.  I would expect them to get beat but it would be learning experience for them as well as us to see what it will take to match up with SDSU. Leet could play her soft outer perimeter defense tonight and still be effective but Lane trying to cover SDSU other big girls especially Selland was terrible mismatch for us. This is why i would have liked to see these other girls play a little because if were going to play with them  i think its going to take us going 9 deep on the bench. The game pretty much ended when Kacie wasn't hitting anything and we have to give credit to SDSU i think they had her rushing her shot some because she didn't want it blocked and have turn over. I expect Kacie the next time they play will have adjusted and her offense will be there. Aaron Johnson likes to coach where he works on opposing teams minds and tonight he was putting that thought into our team with way he got his team come out and just bury us right away after the half and it worked because it just looked like we gave up then. The positive is this team was getting shots it wanted but we got lesson on how we played defense. The other down fall tonight was we need to work on our rebounding as a team concept especially when were playing defense we forgot to box out when we got beat on defense. SDSU is now shooting lights out but it would be interesting to see when they are not hitting 60% from 3 land how well they look offensively. I know they are good team but when your getting that kind of shooting from 5 players its almost impossible to shut down a team. It will be interesting to see what happens at tournament time in the past they have had one those games where they couldn't find there shooting. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3