SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

Team continues to make solid progress and has a home game against Kansas City for a chance to finish the first half of the conference season at 6-3.  Nice to see Orth have a good game after a couple of tough ones. 

They held ORU to 22% shooting and 34 points scoring.  I went back and looked at the last 4 years of stats, but this was the lowest points that UND has given up to a Division 1 team. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

So I haven’t followed the women’s team real closely since the D2 days but what changed from last year with this team? Like this seems like a DRAMATIC difference from last year. 

Just to name a few (others have mentioned this as well)

The team is Healthy for starters (compared to last year)

Kacie Borowicz playing at an 1st team All-Summit Level 

Melissa Leet has taken several steps forward on both ends of the court.

Addition of Daninger who can do a little bit of everything off of the bench. 

9 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Bolded one is the biggest reason IMO plus the players have bought into team defense.......not the first team to 90 points wins like a couple years ago.

It would be nice to get more people out to the games especially with the effort girls have been putting forth. The difference this year i believe is they had normal off year, they have Borowicz and Lane healthy, Leet is having good year, and the additions of Daninger, Davis, and Hoskins have all contributed to the team. The final thing is they are playing as team and at both ends of the court now there playing defense and their offense has improved. I also see it in coaching of these girls and look how even the assistants are involved in the games now something we didn't see as much last year. We have three really difficult games still coming with KC and next weeks rematches with South Dakota schools. This is still fun because we have come long way since last year and were still improving as team.

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Just to name a few (others have mentioned this as well)

Also, playing MUCH better defense.  This should be near the top of the list.

57 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Maybe she needs to talk to her sister at the U and convince her to "come home"

Although she had has a rough go of it with her back. 

I don’t believe Katie has played at all for the U so far this season.

15 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

So I haven’t followed the women’s team real closely since the D2 days but what changed from last year with this team? Like this seems like a DRAMATIC difference from last year. 

Kacie Borowicz only played eight games last year and they played lots of games short handed due to COVID. 

11 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

As ND Fan noted, today will be a tougher matchup with KC.  However, with the way UND is playing currently, I think they will make it 6 in a row. 

Need Maggie, Kacie, Orth and first off the bench to hit more 3s to open up an effective inside out game. Continued strong D.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Need Maggie, Kacie, Orth and first off the bench to hit more 3s to open up an effective inside out game. Continued strong D.

Let Kacie continue to do her thing. She the only one that can consistently create off the dribble. Maggie just can't continue to go 1 for 7ish from 3 most games. She is too good of a shooter.