SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I really find it unfortunate the the REA and the hockey program has adopted the "North Dakota" script as their defacto "logo".  I don't care how much you may hate the Fighting Hawks logo, buut having that logo on the front of the jersey would be waaaaaaaaay better than this!!!  Yikes, this is bad.

It's the same script logo that is used on the uniforms for men's and women's basketball, softball and the track teams. If anything, changing from the circular script to this one puts these jerseys more in line with the rest of the athletic department.

5 minutes ago, undpurp said:

It's the same script logo that is used on the uniforms for men's and women's basketball, softball and the track teams. If anything, changing from the circular script to this one puts these jerseys more in line with the rest of the athletic department.

I see your point.  Maybe they should go even further and do the same design as the basketball team and put numbers below the "North Dakota".   I wonder how this design would look on a hockey jersey....

basketball.jpg

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I see your point.  Maybe they should go even further and do the same design as the basketball team and put numbers below the "North Dakota".   I wonder how this design would look on a hockey jersey....

basketball.jpg

Probably similar to all the other college hockey programs that put their university's location over a number. (Denver, Miami, Omaha just in our own conference alone)

I always liked the loom of the Boston College Jersey.  Doing something like this I think would be much better than last years njersey (and whatever this latest design is).  No number will almost guarantee more sales for the simple fact of not having to customize it.  Would love the new jerseys to look like this with our North Dakota script.

BC.png

53 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I really find it unfortunate the the REA and the hockey program has adopted the "North Dakota" script as their defacto "logo".  I don't care how much you may hate the Fighting Hawks logo, buut having that logo on the front of the jersey would be waaaaaaaaay better than this!!!  Yikes, this is bad.

The REA doesn't get to pick the logo, the university does. The university wants to have unity across all platforms and there is no reason that the REA and the hockey program get to go down a different path because they have an entitlement mentality.

19 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I always liked the loom of the Boston College Jersey.  Doing something like this I think would be much better than last years njersey (and whatever this latest design is).  No number will almost guarantee more sales for the simple fact of not having to customize it.  Would love the new jerseys to look like this with our North Dakota script.

BC.png

18 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Also wouldn't mind seeing an alternate jersey like this as well with "HAWKS" in diagonal letters.  Would love to see a grey alternate with this design!!

HAWKS.jpg

Moderators, please ban this Krys Kolanos-loving Boston College troll!  :lol:

The general rule of thumb has always been nickname on the front of the home jerseys (FIGHTING HAWKS, in this case) and city/school on the front of the road jerseys (obviously, in this case, NORTH DAKOTA).  I'm not a fan of the NORTH DAKOTA on the front of the white jerseys, but would LOVE the state name on the front of the road greens and, ahem, Canisius College weekend black alternates.  

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The general rule of thumb has always been nickname on the front of the home jerseys (FIGHTING HAWKS, in this case) and city/school on the front of the road jerseys (obviously, in this case, NORTH DAKOTA).  I'm not a fan of the NORTH DAKOTA on the front of the white jerseys, but would LOVE the state name on the front of the road greens and, ahem, Canisius College weekend black alternates.  

Only thing is that UND has never followed that general rule.  Seems like most of their jerseys from the past were the same design and then just altered colores for home and away.  Not saying we need to be like the Gophers and have 8 different jersey options.  But a home "Hawks" jersey and a road "North Dakota" I think would be great.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Only thing is that UND has never followed that general rule.  Seems like most of their jerseys from the past were the same design and then just altered colores for home and away.  Not saying we need to be like the Gophers and have 8 different jersey options.  But a home "Hawks" jersey and a road "North Dakota" I think would be great.

I think the shoulder patch is about the most we can expect for now.  

16 hours ago, undpurp said:

I'll believe it once I see it in the Sioux Shop (in person or online)

I hope it will be better than this

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I meant having "HAWKS" written diagonally across the home jersey (Like the BC jersey I posted).  I am fine with the logo just on the shoulder.

I am not a fan of shortening up full nicknames for jerseys and would prefer a rounded FIGHTING at the top, number in the middle, and the bottom being HAWKS. 

Or something like this with the logo in the middle...

0822-iaw-roads.png

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

basketball.jpg

I think that font works much better with a one-color green design rather than the three-color black-white-green as it appears on the hockey jersey photo.  Dare I say that I kind of like these boucy-ball uniforms?  

Maybe actually having a legit budgetbfor logo and branding would have been a good idea.....

The logobis a small patch icon at best, shoulders and sides of helmet is where it lives best... well the right side at least.

H A W K S diagonally wouldnt be as awefull.

All of this is really aweful though... woof

(Take 2 - dunno why the pictures are coming in sideways and upside down, sorry.)

I was the one that purchased that jersey on eBay. I put in an offer for $45 and they accept. I needed a white jersey for open hockey. Took a few extra pictures. 

I compared it to another Adidas jersey I have, though it's the Adidas Parley (recycled bottles) version of a Philadelphia Flyers jersey. It seems about the same. 

The tag that came on it makes me think of some other Under Armour stuff that I've seen that might have been mockups made for the school. So a legitimate product, but just a version that Adidas made as sort of a promotion or to give the school an options. 

Happy enough with a $45 jersey for open hockey. 

Even though it says authentic, there is no fight strap. It fits just like the 52 in the NHL version. 

IMG_4788.JPG

IMG_4789.JPG

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4786.JPG

IMG_4787.JPG

5 minutes ago, joelax said:

(Take 2 - dunno why the pictures are coming in sideways and upside down, sorry.)

I was the one that purchased that jersey on eBay. I put in an offer for $45 and they accept. I needed a white jersey for open hockey. Took a few extra pictures. 

I compared it to another Adidas jersey I have, though it's the Adidas Parley (recycled bottles) version of a Philadelphia Flyers jersey. It seems about the same. 

The tag that came on it makes me think of some other Under Armour stuff that I've seen that might have been mockups made for the school. So a legitimate product, but just a version that Adidas made as sort of a promotion or to give the school an options. 

Happy enough with a $45 jersey for open hockey. 

Even though it says authentic, there is no fight strap. It fits just like the 52 in the NHL version. 

IMG_4789.JPG

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4786.JPG

If that turns out to be a legitimate replica even, thats a steal for $45. I'll be curious to see what the REA shop sells them for.

I'm probably in the minority who likes/doesn't mind the number in the middle. We'll have to wait and see what they unveil. The only benefit is people wont complain as much about having to customize to make it look good, but it'll still look goofy with all of that open space (if, in fact, they have front numbers). People should just buck up and put a kit on it or don't buy it.

2 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

If that turns out to be a legitimate replica even, thats a steal for $45. I'll be curious to see what the REA shop sells them for.

Yeah, we'll see. I'm a little wary of how the Climalite part looks, but the tag area of the Parley one (legitimate purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods) isn't all that different looking. I attached that. (For the record, the parley is a 50, because I intend to wear that without pads and got a 52 in this one. The 52 fits slightly bigger as I would expect - though noticeably smaller than the CCM 52 UND I already have - but I think Adidas just sits smaller in general). 

For open hockey in Philadelphia (where I live and attend UND through the online MBA program), it's good enough for me for $45. :)

• Upvote 1