SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

4 minutes ago, joelax said:

And by attached, I meant I'll naturally forget and put it here. :)

It lacks the Adidas part and is below vs. above, but the stitched in part seems comparable. I am by no means an expert on identifying counterfeits. 

IMG_4791.JPG

When it comes to Adidas, they certainly have their quirks you can find differences in. A lot of what I can tell is those weird dots on the shoulders, otherwise, lettering, but with it blank, that's tough. Here's to hoping it's legit.

Any communication from the seller as to how they acquired it?

No, I didn't ask. I suppose I could. I think I decided that it was probably a promo type thing based on the fact that they have a lot of Adidas and Mitchell & Ness (previously owned by Adidas) stuff that all seemed to be from a legitimate (possible overstock) type of line. I've seen a fair amount of other retailers getting these promotional type items, at least in more niche sports, like say lacrosse. You'll see some lacrosse stores get say an Under Armour lacrosse glove for Maryland, but their regular glove might be a different model. So it's a legitimate model, but necessarily what the team is wearing. It's a bit different with lacrosse as you won't see too many lacrosse jerseys for sale, so it's not quite an apples-to-apples comparison. 

I do recall seeing some Under Armour gear for University of Minnesota Duluth that looked very close to the stuff worn on the ice, but was slightly different. I'm not sure if promotional is the right word, but it's kind of like Under Armour creating a range of legitimate stuff for their teams, but only some of which will be mass produced/chosen by the school/team.

Here is the seller's store: https://www.ebay.com/sch/setays13/m.html?item=183853365382&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I'll shoot them a message to see if they'd give me a straight answer. 

Put the new logo on the front. Or “Hawks” on the front. Or both. What are they worried is going to happen?  People will instantly stop following the program and stop going to games?  The pandering by those at UND and the REA to make sure they don’t offend the Sioux Forever crowd is beyond pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Put the new logo on the front. Or “Hawks” on the front. Or both. What are they worried is going to happen?  People will instantly stop following the program and stop going to games?  The pandering by those at UND and the REA to make sure they don’t offend the Sioux Forever crowd is beyond pathetic. 

When they get a hawk logo that actually looks good, I would be all for it. The current logo seems like a secondary logo, like this NDSU one. It is fine on the shoulder but would look like s*** on the front of a jersey. The interlocking ND would also look like s*** on the front of a jersey. 

934907F9-64EC-4F99-A7AA-F1CCFD40B42C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Prison_Mike said:

When they get a hawk logo that actually looks good, I would be all for it. The current logo seems like a secondary logo, like this NDSU one. It is fine on the shoulder but would look like s*** on the front of a jersey. The interlocking ND would also look like s*** on the front of a jersey. 

934907F9-64EC-4F99-A7AA-F1CCFD40B42C.jpeg

https://www.fanatics.com/ndsu-bison-colosseum-hockey-jersey-green-/p-13593756495408+z-9071-1984027501

so I messaged the seller:

"Hi, 

Thanks so much for the jersey. I am really happy with it. 

I did have a question though. I know that the University of North Dakota is switching to Adidas for this year for ice hockey and none of the jerseys have yet been released (as far as I know). Do you work or sell Adidas products? was this a mockup created by Adidas for a potential North Dakota jersey? I was talking to my friend who is anxiously awaiting to see what the on-ice versions are going to look like next year. Thought you might know!

Thanks so much!

-Joe"

His lengthy response:

"Glad your happy with it! 

Sent from my iPhone"

I tried another response. We'll see what he says:

"Hi again, 

Yeah, it's great. 

Do you know the story for the jersey? Is this what Adidas is going to be making this year for the team or was this a concept piece as North Dakota transitions to Adidas? 

Thanks. 

-Joe"

So I'm not sure how I feel about his response. I still think he's probably in the distribution line for Adidas or something and this was likely a concept piece that Adidas made for UND. OR he's a counterfeiter of Adidas stuff and doesn't want to admit to it? But he's got a lot of Arizona State and other Adidas items such as t-shirts, which I'm not sure are counterfeited like jerseys. I would guess that the margins are too slim on items like t-shirts to make it worthwhile to counterfeiters. 

As an adidas employee, the tagging is consistent with products made as a trial jersey.

Likely, part of the recent "sample sale" held at the main offices throughout the world. That means he probably paid $10 for it and that it is high enough quality to be seen in public but not what is actually selected by the school. 

Should be 2-3 more unapproved designs floating around the US somewhere. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, southpaw said:

As an adidas employee, the tagging is consistent with products made as a trial jersey.

Likely, part of the recent "sample sale" held at the main offices throughout the world. That means he probably paid $10 for it and that it is high enough quality to be seen in public but not what is actually selected by the school. 

Hopefully someone in Grand Forks doesn't buy the version with the full hawk logo on the front -- he or she is likely to be tarred and feathered outside of REA if they're seen wearing it inside the rink.  

9 hours ago, southpaw said:

Thanks! so is this how a lot of this type of stuff winds up on eBay? you'll see the same sellers have a bunch of the same brand of stuff - be it Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, etc. 

Just now, joelax said:

Thanks! so is this how a lot of this type of stuff winds up on eBay? you'll see the same sellers have a bunch of the same brand of stuff - be it Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, etc. 

Just be wary should the seller be shipping the item from China, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc.  

• Like 1

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Just be wary should the seller be shipping the item from China, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc.  

Thanks. If I've learned nothing else from this forum, it's definitely been that!

I mentioned it above, but I typically vet the sellers by if their feedback and/or what else they've sold. It seems like the people selling counterfeit jerseys are primarily doing jerseys. Whereas other guys like this seem to be selling stuff that were legitimately made by the brand for a school. But @southpaw was able to give me a name for it "trial jersey" and "sample sale". So these items are sort of in that gray area in between. 

9 hours ago, joelax said:

But @southpaw was able to give me a name for it "trial jersey" and "sample sale". So these items are sort of in that gray area in between. 

Well, I'm no @southpaw , but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  It's a sales pitch to the school and/or team and they'd best be prepared to have some actual samples of jerseys rather than drawings.  I believe he's correct in saying that this is a 'rejected' design.  It's pretty cool, but I'm glad that it wasn't chosen as THE actual jersey.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Hopefully someone in Grand Forks doesn't buy the version with the full hawk logo on the front -- he or she is likely to be tarred and feathered outside of REA if they're seen wearing it inside the rink.  

Thought maybe stale diet coke and cotton candy would be more fitting.

My tar pot is so heavy to tote around.

18 hours ago, joelax said:

so I messaged the seller:

"Hi, 

Thanks so much for the jersey. I am really happy with it. 

I did have a question though. I know that the University of North Dakota is switching to Adidas for this year for ice hockey and none of the jerseys have yet been released (as far as I know). Do you work or sell Adidas products? was this a mockup created by Adidas for a potential North Dakota jersey? I was talking to my friend who is anxiously awaiting to see what the on-ice versions are going to look like next year. Thought you might know!

Thanks so much!

-Joe"

His lengthy response:

"Glad your happy with it! 

Sent from my iPhone"

I tried another response. We'll see what he says:

"Hi again, 

Yeah, it's great. 

Do you know the story for the jersey? Is this what Adidas is going to be making this year for the team or was this a concept piece as North Dakota transitions to Adidas? 

Thanks. 

-Joe"

So I'm not sure how I feel about his response. I still think he's probably in the distribution line for Adidas or something and this was likely a concept piece that Adidas made for UND. OR he's a counterfeiter of Adidas stuff and doesn't want to admit to it? But he's got a lot of Arizona State and other Adidas items such as t-shirts, which I'm not sure are counterfeited like jerseys. I would guess that the margins are too slim on items like t-shirts to make it worthwhile to counterfeiters. 

FYI, the last response to this was: " I don’t really know. It’s for fall 2019 that’s  all I have. 

Sent from my iPhone"

Presumably as mentioned, this person probably bought straight from Adidas and it was some sort of sample/trial. Happy enough for $45. We'll see what the actual jerseys look like eventually I guess. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202723674662

Is it legit? Seriously interested but I need a second opinion

Edit: the k1 logo on the Jersey is an old one. Most of that style of Jersey for sale are from later, but k1 used that logo at least up until 2004

Logo looks way too small. I say fake. 

5 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Good point but it's on a very large jersey. Not sure if they have different Crest sizes for different jersey sizes. (Also an old jersey). @MafiaMan, any thoughts?

We have a 2Xl K1 jersey and that logo looks way smaller. I would be cautious. 

13 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Good point but it's on a very large jersey. Not sure if they have different Crest sizes for different jersey sizes. (Also an old jersey). @MafiaMan, any thoughts?

They do not have larger crest sizes for larger jerseys any more than they have larger number kits or different-sized lettering on nameplates.  

I gave this a good once-over and am 99% certain that this item is an “authentic” K1 replica.

• Upvote 1