SiouxSports.com Forum

Midco Sports Plus Streaming

FSSD

59 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Here's the problem:  those games are already on ESPN+.  No reason to have both.

Not exactly.  Many games are on espn3 instead which requires a cable subscription.  This is great for cord cutters who are out of state.  Looks like we can now watch the highlight and coaches shows now as well.  I'm subscribing.

18 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Not exactly.  Many games are on espn3 instead which requires a cable subscription.  This is great for cord cutters who are out of state.  Looks like we can now watch the highlight and coaches shows now as well.  I'm subscribing.

I think you can view with an ESPN subscription and chromecast. They have ESPN (with an ESPN+ Subscription) in the Google App Store. I think your Midco Internet should be enough. I know I’ve watched UND basketball and NDSU football that way. 

8 minutes ago, Goon said:

I think you can view with an ESPN subscription and chromecast. They have ESPN (with an ESPN+ Subscription) in the Google App Store. I think your Midco Internet should be enough. I know I’ve watched UND basketball and NDSU football that way. 

What you describe does not include espn3.  You need tv provider login details to view espn3 games, which is different from espn+.  The only options in my area are Comcast and century link. 

Just now, nodak651 said:

What you describe does not include espn3.  You need tv provider login details to view espn3 games, which is different from espn+.  The only options in my area are Comcast and century link. 

Not all summit league games are espn+, but most are.  But for the espn3 games, this solves the tv provider issue.

Thanks for the answers, I have always enjoyed watching Midco Sports when I am back home.  I think they do a great job broadcasting UND sports and they really cover sports across the Dakotas.  I wish it included Mens Hockey maybe with St Thomas coming to D1 and the Summit League they will think about moving into the cities.  I think I will pull the trigger on this anyway.

For what its worth, they are in forest lake and some other random areas near the cities.  I think they are adding something in lakeville as well.  Im just a little bit S of FL and would love to have midco as an option.  

What are the rules for cable company expansion?  Dont really understand the business/govt aspect of it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 7:45 PM, Sioux95 said:

so, midco sn plus would be your answer, at least for getting midco out west, correct?  Or am I missing something?

Might have to try that out. I would assume you get UND hockey games too. Also wondering if you get the live outdoors programming. The only downside is you have to stream on your phone and connect it to the tv to watch it on a big screen.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, JN18 said:

I called Midco and asked if hockey is available on the Midco Sports Plus, and they said it was, but they didn’t sound confident. Can anyone who has the app confirm? 

It's not.  That person doesn't know what they are talking about. 

On second thought, I did watch a HS hockey game on it, so technically they answered your question accurately.

8 hours ago, JN18 said:

I did say UND hockey when I called, however, I didn't trust their answer. Thanks for the info. I've seen too many issues with the NCHC app to go with that and was hoping this would be a solution.

The NCHC app is great.  They only problems were from the very beginning of the season.  Its been solid for me every year on PC, the cell app, and on Roku.  A+ service IMO.  

• Upvote 3