SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VB players Dismissed

SWSiouxMN

14 minutes ago, Undfan23 said:

Idk, I’m going to wait a bit before being too upset with UND there are some interesting discrepancies imo. 

Why did The girls contradict each other  in their statements?

Nieukirk “regrettably we sang the song including the inappropriate lyrics as written, and forwarded to a single friend” Nieukirk goes into further detail, then says “an investigation was conducted by the university and we admitted that singing those lyrics and using that word was inappropriate”

Vetter “there were fake twitter accounts tweeting a video of a teammate and I that was edited and cropped, with a voiceover on top of the original, to target me.”

One girl admits to it and that they admitted to it the other claims it to all be a lie. It can’t be both.

Could be that one just wants to move on and the other wants to clear their name. Vetter does present some good evidence in favor of her argument (hacked screenshot, the note that basically says they’re cleared of any wrong doing, being asked to stay, etc). I think at the end of the day whether a lyric was sung or not, it’s nothing to get mad about. This whole thing does stink of the girls getting targeted which I think is more of the issue. Not so much if white people can or cannot sing specific lyrics of many rap songs like that. 

16 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Ouch

16 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Ouch

21 minutes ago, siouxhockeyaddict said:

Could be that one just wants to move on and the other wants to clear their name. Vetter does present some good evidence in favor of her argument (hacked screenshot, the note that basically says they’re cleared of any wrong doing, being asked to stay, etc). I think at the end of the day whether a lyric was sung or not, it’s nothing to get mad about. This whole thing does stink of the girls getting targeted which I think is more of the issue. Not so much if white people can or cannot sing specific lyrics of many rap songs like that. 

Chaves needs to be called on to justify ruining two girl's careers for this.  It's clear that cancel culture is running UND and the Athletic Department also.

Vetter is coming up with some absurd allegations. Hacking Snapchat??? That’s pretty tough. Vetter is denying everything Nieukirk said they did. Why would Nieukirk lie and throw away her athletic career if she didn’t do it? In my opinion this situation is crystal clear. And I don’t feel bad they put their own future on the line when they decided they could say whatever they wanted and then think they could get away with it. It’s 2020 and it’s nice to see some action taken when it’s so badly needed. 

14 minutes ago, undfan25 said:

Vetter is coming up with some absurd allegations. Hacking Snapchat??? That’s pretty tough. Vetter is denying everything Nieukirk said they did. Why would Nieukirk lie and throw away her athletic career if she didn’t do it? In my opinion this situation is crystal clear. And I don’t feel bad they put their own future on the line when they decided they could say whatever they wanted and then think they could get away with it. It’s 2020 and it’s nice to see some action taken when it’s so badly needed. 

I mean, hacking snapchat can be something as simple as trying to log onto somebody else's account. Not exactly rocket science.

1 hour ago, Undfan23 said:

My point is that it looks like someone is lying, so I’m going to withhold my opinion on what UND has or hasn’t done. You can clear your name without lying, and I’m not sure why Nieukirk would say she did something if she did not do it and to go the extent of saying they admitted it to the university is fairly detailed. I’m not even touching the right or wrong part of the video again. But I am saying it is my opinion that someone lied in her statement so it’s hard for me to believe much past the first paragraph, where I believe the lying started. All just my opinion! 

Most of what what quoted by both girls was in alignment though. Both girls said they got hacked. Both girls said that they were found to be at no fault and within the code of conduct. Both girls said they were asked to stay to play but stepped down due to angry mob. The only part that really differs is one said they sang the song with the n bomb and one said somebody fabricated it. Either way, it’s a song. The SJW are going after them for a stupid song. This rant isn’t really directed at you because it’s good to have the info before you make a final thought on the matter. This rant is for the people that jumped to the “call them racist and ruin their lives because they sang a lyric” conclusion and didn’t wait for the facts. 
As for the ATT thing, I can see confusion happening on her part. I guess if I were her I’d be a little flustered trying to prove my innocence and realign my life and potentially grasp at anything that might help. Poor choice to include that in her statement in my opinion as well. Was there misdirection behind it? Maybe. Who knows.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if julia sent it to brynn why refer to brynn as brynn instead of u...almost like someone want people to think that is byrnn's phone instead of a random "you"

I don’t think the Snapchat in question was sent to Bryan. I think it was “supposedly” sent to the football player?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I mean, hacking snapchat can be something as simple as trying to log onto somebody else's account. Not exactly rocket science.

No, not at all. Is someone out to get her that bad that they would hack her Snapchat and make up this random racial slurs? Seems like she’s trying to find ways to cover her wrongful decisions. 

1 hour ago, undfan25 said:

No, not at all. Is someone out to get her that bad that they would hack her Snapchat and make up this random racial slurs? Seems like she’s trying to find ways to cover her wrongful decisions. 

It's completely possible and that's what she's claiming. Time for somebody to do some investigating.

7 hours ago, undfan25 said:

7 hours ago, undfan25 said:

Maybe she is trying "cover" up her actions......or maybe there is a legitimate other side of the story she's trying to get out there.

You've obviously made up your mind on this. Are you being "simple-minded" as Bubba Wallace would say? 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

FBI was involved becaus the media screamed "hate crime" immediately.

CNN reported the noose has been in his garage since 2019.  Nothing like the media chasing to make a "race" story out of nothing.

Similar to the black man that hung himself from a tree in LA........"lynching" was the drumbeat right away until of course suicide was ruled the cause of death.

Anyone else see a pattern here?

10 minutes ago, Undfan23 said:

Your comment is vomit inducing and that is as kind as I will be about it.

See above. The point I'm trying to make is we are at the stage in society where we immediately jump to guilt on any racial issue. The "noose" in Bubba's garage was there for over a year yet he takes what is not there racially and turns it into a race issue on multiple media outlets. Same thing with the young man in LA. These two UND student athletes were "guilty" immediately. Is that fair? Was justice being served? What if by chance these two girls were targeted by a certain FB player for whatever reason and now their college athletic careers and possibly their academic careers are over? Will there be justice for those two individuals? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Undfan23 said:

I am not for ruining lives, I know you know that. But I am for accountability, I think having one girl claim the video was falsified with a voice over and one owning it as having happened AND BEING ADMITTED TO THE UNIVERSITY is a big deal. It goes to integrity and I won’t take someone at their word if they lie right out of the gate, and I didn’t get past the first paragraph without thinking it is a lie or misrepresentation...and twice. My opinion.

One girl claims they sang the lyrics, the other claims the video was edited to amplify the last word (the N bomb).  They don't really contradict each other.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Undfan23 said:

And legally actionable criminally and civilly if it could be proven as to where it came from. If one of those girls were mine and I thought they were defamed I would have already hired a private investigator, and been at the police department with what I found. You can have text messages between people subpoenaed....so many ways this could be handled and put to rest. Not that I’m saying the girls have to prove anything, but if it is all a fabrication (and I don’t believe it is) that’s a battle I would fight with a lot more info than what we currently have.

At the same time, if there was no police report about the hacking/identity theft from when it actually occurred, I’d have a tough time believing the story that the account was hacked.

Lets look at this with the facts that we know to be true as of right now.

1) An incident involving 2 UND VB players was brought to UNDs attention involving social media and a song that contained an in (this was in Feb 2020)

2) UND did an investigation and determined there was no code of conduct violation, no punishment was given.

3) The controversy reared once again when Turner called out UND for using one of the athletes in one of their ticket promotions (this was in May/June 2020)

4) The girls left the team and the university.

I don't think anybody can dispute these 4 things.  

Here is what is in the shade of gray region and these questions may never be answered (after re-reading UNDs statements and the girls statements)

1) If there were several UND athletics that had their social media hacked, why hasn't other athletes come forward yet to say yay or nay on this issue?  Why did the athletic department or UND decide to push on this?

2) Why did the athletic department go ahead and use one of the players involved in the incident for their promotion?  Why wasn't there one person, in Hyslop, that stood up and said:  hey, this might not be such a good idea because it could bring up that incident again?  

3) If UND went with a different VB player, does the incident ever resurface and gives UND what they wanted to "let it blow over"?

4) Why did UND want this to "blow over"?  Why wasn't there more done to give closure one way or the other?

5) Why wasn't there an opportunity for the girls to apologize and offer to start a dialogue with Turner? 

6) So was it a "mutual" departure or was it the girls decision and was there a real effort to keep them on the team?

16 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

If NASCAR had any balls, unlike UND in this VB situation, it would suspend Wallace the remainder of this racing season for going public to feed into this false racial narrative.

Why? Bubba is not the one that found it. His team found it in the garage and reported it to NASCAR. NASCAR is the one who came out publicly with it and got the FBI involved. 

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Maybe she is trying "cover" up her actions......or maybe there is a legitimate other side of the story she's trying to get out there.

You've obviously made up your mind on this. Are you being "simple-minded" as Bubba Wallace would say? 

From this whole discussion you’ve  made your mind up as well, very clear. Simple-minded might be the definition of this whole thread. I would love to hear this “other side” if there is one. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

Why? Bubba is not the one that found it. His team found it in the garage and reported it to NASCAR. NASCAR is the one who came out publicly with it and got the FBI involved. 

Sure didn't take him long to make an appearance on The View and Don Lemon's show...

7 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Sure didn't take him long to make an appearance on The View and Don Lemon's show...

I’m sure they reached out to Bubba to see what he had to say about it...... since it was about him. It was all over social media and the news outlets already. That’s no reason for him to be suspended. 

28 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

im assuming the chain of info went...noose finder-bubba (who saw dollars signs)-nascar (who saw publicity and a way to seem more woke).

but imo...100% staged to make money.

as always follow the money

41 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I’m sure they reached out to Bubba to see what he had to say about it...... since it was about him. It was all over social media and the news outlets already. That’s no reason for him to be suspended. 

So now we just move on as if the allegation was never made?

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

im assuming the chain of info went...noose finder-bubba (who saw dollars signs)-nascar (who saw publicity and a way to seem more woke).

but imo...100% staged to make money.

as always follow the money

Not sure about the chain of events, it’s pretty obvious it was a publicity stunt. But I put the blame on nascar, not Bubba. 

• Upvote 1