SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VB players Dismissed

SWSiouxMN

What inference are you making about the "x" instead of a "ck"?  I live way up north and know two young men of Norwegian ancestry whose first name is Jaxon.  If you asked Jaxon Turner "Why "x" instead of "ck", would it be for a different reason than if you asked either of these two the same question?  This is just a small example of that "institutionalized" or "inherent" racism that has been so much a part of recent discussion.  Such a question seems benign but asking one person to justify the spelling of his name, but not others who have the same name, because of his physical appearance does say something about the questioner.

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2020 at 2:14 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's the line in the sand now for words going forward?

if jaxson turner uses the word bitch ,retard, fag, homo, cocksucker, maam (when they are actually a man)...is he kicked off campus too?

just wondering.

This is more relevant than how Jaxon’s parents spelled his name

10 hours ago, Northcountry said:

What inference are you making about the "x" instead of a "ck"?  I live way up north and know two young men of Norwegian ancestry whose first name is Jaxon.  If you asked Jaxon Turner "Why "x" instead of "ck", would it be for a different reason than if you asked either of these two the same question?  This is just a small example of that "institutionalized" or "inherent" racism that has been so much a part of recent discussion.  Such a question seems benign but asking one person to justify the spelling of his name, but not others who have the same name, because of his physical appearance does say something about the questioner.

I didn't figure it would take long for someone from the Don Lemon "If you grew up white in America you must be racist" groupthink to chime in. Thanks for answering my question.

9 minutes ago, Undfan23 said:

Perhaps we should apply the same logic to gun ownership/sales perhaps? Maybe since a gun was used to murder some school children a couple times we shouldn’t make them available for sale anymore? Because clearly it’s the guns fault, not the operators. 

All people start with the right to purchase a gun correct?  

9 minutes ago, Undfan23 said:

Perhaps we should apply the same logic to gun ownership/sales perhaps? Maybe since a gun was used to murder some school children a couple times we shouldn’t make them available for sale anymore? Because clearly it’s the guns fault, not the operators. 

Not even close. With all do respect. 

2 minutes ago, Undfan23 said:

There is also a choice Or a right to listen to music, or purchase it with certain lyrics as not all lyrics are available on the radio.

My point is that I value the freedom of choice, as I do the freedom of speech and the right to purchase guns....I also accept the consequences for those choices or the actions that result from my choices. I don’t agree with blaming the music, or a gun and I don’t really want to start trying to censor things....Slippery slope.

Right there is a choice to listen to music but apparently the word(s) used within those songs are only allowed to be used by people of one color or race.  If a person chooses to listen to those songs it should be acceptable of they sing them correct.  

Again, everyone of any color begins with the equal opportunity to purchase a gun.  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Kab said:

So do coaches now have to ask recruits if they have ever said, thought or heard a racist word?

Only the white student athletes. They are the only ones that can be racist.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

Not even close. With all do respect. 

Right.......nevermind the continued shootings and murders in Chicago every weekend, 18 shot and one dead as of last night for the weekend, and in other inner cities around the country.

7 pm Friday May 29 thru 11 pm Sunday May 31 in Chicago. 25 dead and another 85 wounded by gun fire.

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Right.......nevermind the continued shootings and murders in Chicago every weekend, 18 shot and one dead as of last night for the weekend, and in other inner cities around the country.

7 pm Friday May 29 thru 11 pm Sunday May 31 in Chicago. 25 dead and another 85 wounded by gun fire.

No body condones shooting people other then In self defense. 
But we do condone certain segments of our society using racially insensitive words and vilify others for repeating these words. 

this is veering into politics so I am done with this particular post I made

1 minute ago, Fry Bread said:

No body condones shooting people other then In self defense. 
But we do condone certain segments of our society using racially insensitive words and vilify others for repeating these words. 

this is veering into politics so I am done with this particular post I made

As of last night, police officers protecting themselves when threatened is now condoned by some.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, homer said:

As of last night, police officers protecting themselves when threatened is now condoned by some.  

I at least hope everyone got a large Frosty before they torched the Wendy's in protest.

• Upvote 2

https://www.inforum.com/news/government-and-politics/6523870-Fed-up-people-of-color-speak-up-against-racism-police-discrimination-in-mostly-white-North-Dakota

Forum going woke on us.

Apparently, this lady has been pulled over more than 12 times in two years and only due to the color of her skin.  Did the reporter verify it with the police department or just let her say it and then believe it?  

Her 6 year old has been bullied and beat up in Kindergarten.....once again, really?  Its fuking Kindergarten in Bismarck...that is a 100% lie.  

This is absurd.  

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

https://www.inforum.com/news/government-and-politics/6523870-Fed-up-people-of-color-speak-up-against-racism-police-discrimination-in-mostly-white-North-Dakota

Forum going woke on us.

Apparently, this lady has been pulled over more than 12 times in two years and only due to the color of her skin.  Did the reporter verify it with the police department or just let her say it and then believe it?  

Her 6 year old has been bullied and beat up in Kindergarten.....once again, really?  Its fuking Kindergarten in Bismarck...that is a 100% lie.  

This is absurd.  

don't click on it.

If anyone has information on this question please share.......has any prominent respected black individual, outside of Lil Wayne, said in the last 2+ weeks we as a black community need to be better as well?

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If anyone has information on this question please share.......has any prominent respected black individual, outside of Lil Wayne, said in the last 2+ weeks we as a black community need to be better as well?

normally i respect what charles barkley  says...has he weighed in on any of this stuff?

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

normally i respect what charles barkley  says...has he weighed in on any of this stuff?

This is the only article that I have found right now with him.  https://www.foxnews.com/media/charles-barkley-dismisses-defund-police-movement

granted, that is after a three minute Google search...so give me a bit more time.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/06/charles-barkley-stressful-being-black-smerconish-vpx.cnn

https://www.talkbasket.net/91445-charles-barkley-on-athletes-activism-we-have-obligation-to-keep-trying-bring-awareness

Most of the current articles are talking about his reaction to the Drew Brees stuff.

• Like 1

love how popovich and kerr spout off about kneeling in the nfl....iirc it is a fineable offense in the nba and are subject to suspension i think too...all started with chris jackson (mamoud abuld raouff)...david stern nipped it in the bud bc he knew it was bad for business.  how about you clean your own house pop and stevie before talking about goodell's house.

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I didn't figure it would take long for someone from the Don Lemon "If you grew up white in America you must be racist" groupthink to chime in. Thanks for answering my question.

Talk about jumping to a conclusion.  You now know everything about me and what I believe based on one comment.  The only Don Lemon I know used to teach in the Ed Ad graduate program and I never saie "If you grew up white .... you mist be racist".  That would be stereotyping in a way just like asking if the use of "x" instead of "the traditional 'ck'" is a black thing that implies ... what? Flame on me all you like, but take just a second to ask yourself if the "x" makes a difference in the name of a white kid as much as it does in the name of a black kid.

Just a recap because this thread has taken quite the wild turns. We’ve gone from talking about the issue at hand to statistics on shootings, judging a guy on how they spell Jackson, Jaxon, Jaxson, Jaxckson, or Jackxsen (which means nothing and who cares), what celebrities think on rioting, relating gun control to song choices (I get what you were trying say but not quite the right metaphor), and everything in between. Pretty impressive within 5 pages. 

• 2 weeks later...