SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VB players Dismissed

SWSiouxMN

wow..nice write up by port...so he's saying the singing is real (hard to deep fake that) but the screen shot claiming they say the n word every night to each other was maybe made when someone hacked her account ( hacked by said football player which maybe is a crime? ) by a disgruntled football player that thought they didnt' get punished enough back in february?  

i smell a lawsuit

24 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wow..nice write up by port...so he's saying the singing is real (hard to deep fake that) but the screen shot claiming they say the n word every night to each other was maybe made when someone hacked her account ( hacked by said football player which maybe is a crime? ) by a disgruntled football player that thought they didnt' get punished enough back in february?  

i smell a lawsuit

That seems to be the gist of it, along with UNDs unwillingness to put out a statement and allow it to "just blow over", and that they weren't not dismissed but resigned and had to leave the university due to the harassment and their safety. 

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That seems to be my understanding, along with UNDs unwillingness to put out a statement and allow it to "just blow over", and that they weren't not dismissed but resigned and had to leave the university due to the harassment and their safety. 

if this is true it changes everything i thought about this situation...if these girls called/texted/snapped each other every night to say the n word to each other they are beyond help and deserved this....singing a song with "bad" words gimme a break.

they should file a lawsuit bc und handled this poorly

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i smell a lawsuit

Is reverse racism racism?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

This is ridiculous. Heads need to roll.  Those who hacked the accounts need to be gone from UND as well. 

exactly....this whole time i'm thinking that that horrible screenshot was  real (still could be) but more than likely created by whoever hacked her account. just when you thought that the higher-ups at und couldnt get worse...here ya go.  those girls lives are changed forever...over  a song and a future SJW in training.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

exactly....this whole time i'm thinking that that horrible screenshot was  real (still could be) but more than likely created by whoever hacked her account. just when you thought that the higher-ups at und couldnt get worse...here ya go.  those girls lives are changed forever...over  a song and a future SJW in training.

Ya unfortunately every job these girls apply for in the future they may get weeded out because the first things that pop up when they google their names will be getting labeled “racist”

2 minutes ago, siouxhockeyaddict said:

Ya unfortunately every job these girls apply for in the future they may get weeded out because the first things that pop up when they google their names will be getting labeled “racist”

I am guessing that these young ladies might not have to work after the settlement.

• Upvote 2

I am not defending anyone in this but UND was damned if they do damned if they don’t. You had people writing into the Heraldo and then the Heraldo publishing opinion pieces from alumni calling the school racist when this came to light. I recall the opinion piece from an alumnus from NY, I believe saying how bad UND was when she went to school and how racist students were and that UND better do something or forever be branded a racist college. In the current climate via the cancel culture you are going to get roasted either way and people are out for blood. Ruining lives, rightful or not, is all that matters. Could UND gotten ahead of this, perhaps. Were they going to get skewered regardless, most definitely. 

edit: found the opinion piece  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/6530027-Letter-UND-must-do-better-to-address-racism

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I am not defending anyone in this but UND was damned if they do damned if they don’t. You had people writing into the Heraldo and then the Heraldo publishing opinion pieces from alumni calling the school racist when this came to light. I recall the opinion piece from an alumnus from NY, I believe saying how bad UND was when she went to school and how racist students were and that UND better do something or forever be branded a racist college. In the current climate via the cancel culture you are going to get roasted either way and people are out for blood. Ruining lives, rightful or not, is all that matters. Could UND gotten ahead of this, perhaps. Were they going to get skewered regardless, most definitely. 

edit: found the opinion piece  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/6530027-Letter-UND-must-do-better-to-address-racism

Headline reading, “Volleyball players’ social media hacked to vilify them as racists; responsible parties have been expelled” is a hell of a lot better than letting this play out the way it did. In other words, doing the right thing and taking the right action against this doesn’t damn them. It makes them look competent. Now they look terrible. Also, that bad headline I just wrote is proof that I picked the right career path; which is not journalism. 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am guessing that these young ladies might not have to work after the settlement.

I hope you’re right. While the players were being dragged through the mud,  UND sat silent on pertinent information, and let the volleyball coach lie to the public about how the young women left UND.  Inexcusable. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

Jussie Smollett is so last year. It's now a Bubba Wallace. And yes, it appears he does.

If NASCAR had any balls, unlike UND in this VB situation, it would suspend Wallace the remainder of this racing season for going public to feed into this false racial narrative.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

If NASCAR had any balls, unlike UND in this VB situation, it would suspend Wallace the remainder of this racing season for going public to feed into this false racial narrative.

Agreed. But like UND, they won't, in fear of the social justice mob.

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So where does this leave the VB coach now?  What does the team actually think about all of this?  

Great way for the new president to get started btw.  

After the Port article TM or Schloss need to get Chaves on the record for comment ASAP. This is an AD issue with the recent information and news.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

After the Port article TM or Schloss need to get Chaves on the record for comment ASAP. This is an AD issue with the recent information and news.

how hard is it to find out who logged/hacked into her account..doesn't everything have an ip address....did her "black" friend (love that when friends are categorized....this is my non-binary deaf vegan friend Brook) that she sent the singing snap to have his blackness challenged by his other black friend and willingly help rogue hacker login/hack into her account to purposely send racists fake snapchats to the other vb player...

this is gonna interesting to watch and wonder if chaves/tiffin make it thru this?

Ok. Slow down, take a breath Siouxsports.com. Port is a "columnist " not a journalist. Big difference. Yes, he interviewed the Vetter girl. But the University is prevented from sharing its side RE FERPA. So step back from the ledge. I know its difficult since sensationalism is the M.O. on this board. But just once lets try to not go all Thelma & Louise on this issue. 

And Oxbow6, you should sit this one out. Your discussion of "x" v. "ck" in Jaxson's name said so much about you. Go Cardinals. They must be so proud. 

13 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Ok. Slow down, take a breath Siouxsports.com. Port is a "columnist " not a journalist. Big difference. Yes, he interviewed the Vetter girl. But the University is prevented from sharing its side RE FERPA. So step back from the ledge. I know its difficult since sensationalism is the M.O. on this board. But just once lets try to not go all Thelma & Louise on this issue. 

And Oxbow6, you should sit this one out. Your discussion of "x" v. "ck" in Jaxson's name said so much about you. Go Cardinals. They must be so proud. 

I'm pretty comfortable in this discussion but I appreciate the advice Mr. Philome.