SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 Recruiting

UND Fan

11 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

We have an offer out to very young lady from the Cities:

PF Emma Dasovich, 6'1", Minnetonka (Minnetonka), MN   Averaged 10+ on the varsity as an 8th grader.  Her mother is the coach.  It appears this is her first offer.    

At that age, I suspect most of the recruiting visits were on TikTok.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Hambone said:

Another 2024 offer from Michigan.  Hitting Michigan Crossover pretty hard for the young ladies.

Building relationships with the student athlete is such a big part of recruiting.  They have plenty of time with these younger recruits, so if Coach Mallory and her staff can do a good job of establishing and maintaining relationships, they may have a good shot at landing a couple of them.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The staff is staying busy with three more '24 offers:

SG Ally Timm, 5'9", Milwaukee (Divine Savior Holy Angel - DSHA),  WI   Has offer from St. Thomas.  Averaged 11 ppg and 6 rpg as a freshman playing in a Milwaukee big-school league.

F Gabby Wilke, 6'1", Beaver Dam (Beaver Dam), WI  Has offers from UW-Green Bay, UW-Milwaukee & IUPUI  Averaged 8 ppg for a 23-3 team.  Daughter of former UND basketball and baseball player, Matt Wilke.  Current UND player, Amy Van Loo, played for same team.  These relationships should help but her older sister will be a freshman on UW's women's BB team.

SG Jordan Zubich, 6', Mountain Iron (Mountain Iron-Buhl), MN   Has offer from St. Thomas.  Averaged 17 ppg as a freshman for a 19-5 team.    

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I have been updating WIKI and the appropriate thread with UND M & W BB recruiting information since 2011.  I will discontinue doing so at the end of the year.  I hope someone will take over this task.  Feel free to PM me is you have any questions.

Thanks so much for doing this. Can tell you love UND sports. We will miss your outstanding contribution to this site.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, UND Fan said:

New offer:

C Alyssa Worth, 6'5", Altoona (Altoona), WI  Has offers from IUPUI & Youngstown St 

Probability of landing her are probably not too good.  Lots of schools (including big-time programs) are looking at her!

Very possible, but we have already grabbed one or two recruits like this that we would probably assume are out of UND's league. Seems like Mallory has been able to sell to these kids the chance to be the top dog and team leader that you might not get at P5 school. Will be interesting to keep an eye on how things go.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

I hope we start offering some of these scholarships to North Dakota girls too..   We have two very talented 8th graders in Minot that we should be on ASAP.  

Recruiting 8th graders? Seems like a school would make a contact, take in touch occasionally and watch their growth, but what else would you expect UND to do with 13 year olds? 

21 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Recruiting 8th graders? Seems like a school would make a contact, take in touch occasionally and watch their growth, but what else would you expect UND to do with 13 year olds? 

Did you watch any of the State A tournament?  Both 8th graders made the all tournament team and the one was the MVP.  I would say good chance they are going to be good players.  One of the players she beat out for the MVP just signed with Nebraska as junior.  If you wait until they are seniors you will be left way behind.  But I guess we can keep offering scholarships to Freshman in Michigan.   More butts in the seats with North Dakota kids is right.  A freshman from Mandan was just offered by NDSU this week.  We lost out on a recruit from Grafton that went to USD.  Right in our backyard.   I get there are alot of reasons why students choose where they go to school, just saying we need to have some interest in kids within our state too.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Did you watch any of the State A tournament?  Both 8th graders made the all tournament team and the one was the MVP.  I would say good chance they are going to be good players.  One of the players she beat out for the MVP just signed with Nebraska as junior.  If you wait until they are seniors you will be left way behind.  But I guess we can keep offering scholarships to Freshman in Michigan.   More butts in the seats with North Dakota kids is right.  A freshman from Mandan was just offered by NDSU this week.  We lost out on a recruit from Grafton that went to USD.  Right in our backyard.   I get there are alot of reasons why students choose where they go to school, just saying we need to have some interest in kids within our state too.  

Do you know for sure we do not have interest?  

1 minute ago, homer said:

Do you know for sure we do not have interest?  

No I dont and I am sure we have to have interest.  I am just saying I would love to see some more offers to North Dakota kids along with the Michigan kids.  Thats it.  We have several offers to young Michigan kids right now.  

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

No I dont and I am sure we have to have interest.  I am just saying I would love to see some more offers to North Dakota kids along with the Michigan kids.  Thats it.  We have several offers to young Michigan kids right now.  

In addition, players from around here are more likely to stay around here and most likely be less prone to want to enter the transfer portal than players that are homesick or looking to move on to bigger and better schools.  Some people from other places in the country may come to like our community, but if you weren't born here, it can take some getting used to. 

• Upvote 1