SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 Recruiting

UND Fan

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

How'd they pull someone from "west river" in SD away from USD and SDSU? 

Here will come the boos..  but probably because she was third team Class B girl in South Dakota...  We have alot of third team Class B girls in North Dakota that will not be getting scholarships either...  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 8:52 AM, The Sicatoka said:

How'd they pull someone from "west river" in SD away from USD and SDSU? 

The 2024 class in SD is quite deep.  SDSU has 5 commits in this class already from SD.  I’m never opposed to seeing a SD kid be successful so hopefully she balls out for you.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, SteelSD said:

The 2024 class in SD is quite deep.  SDSU has 5 commits in this class already from SD.  I’m never opposed to seeing a SD kid be successful so hopefully she balls out for you.

They pulled a 6'3 recruit from Bismarck this week too for 2025.   I wonder why our coaches never look for local talent.  SDSU wins with girls from the mid west.  We like to look elsewhere...  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

They pulled a 6'3 recruit from Bismarck this week too for 2025.   I wonder why our coaches never look for local talent.  SDSU wins with girls from the mid west.  We like to look elsewhere...  

SDSU currently gets the pick of the litter and they have earned that on the court.
I can assure you UND is looking at and trying to recruit local talent.

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

Yes, it seems like that was a nice signing for us.  I assume she was also being offered by the ND schools.  I know we also have an offer out to Johnson from Mandan for that same class.  AJ is hitting ND pretty hard in 2025.

I have never heard of either UND or NDSU actually offering Felchle. Maybe they did but the offers just weren't publicized, but that's pretty rare these days. I suspect both would have eventually offered her, though.

Both have offered junior post Jaiden Haile from Horace, as did Central Michigan while Motherwell was on staff there. Having watched both of them play, I'd say Felchle is the more polished low post scorer, whereas Haile is a bit stronger, probably more athletic and a better rebounder.

I also think NDSU offered Johnson from Mandan some time ago, but to the best of my knowledge UND has not.