SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I think comparing DAE to Hooker is a stretch. Hooker was a really good to great player in a mid-major conference that could single handily lead a team to a championship. DAE has a loooonnngggg way to go to reach that level. You need to build around Rebraca the next 2 years. I was kind of wishing NDSU had gotten DAE before the season started. I think I would take Eady and Griesel over him. 

DAE averaged 14 and 5 as a frosh...Hooker averaged 4 as a frosh and 12 as a sophomore. I say we just see how the kid develops whether we like it or not he had one of the best freshman years in the schools history, and forsure the best one in the d-1 era

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I think I would take Eady and Griesel over him. 

Eady
Freshman - 20.1 minutes  / 6.5 points / 2.3 rebounds / 0.8 assists / 1.2 assists:turnover
Sophomore - 26.4 minutes / 6.7 points / 3.9 rebounds / 1.4 assists / 1.6 assists:turnover

Griesel:
Freshman - 25.6 minutes  / 6.1 points / 3.8 rebounds / 1.5 assists / 1.1 assists:turnover
Sophomore - 24.1 minutes / 6.6 points / 5.5 rebounds / 0.9 assists / 0.7 assists:turnover

DAE:
Freshman - 29.6 minutes  / 13.8 points / 4.8 rebounds / 1.1 assists / 0.5 assists:turnover

Eikens needs to work on taking care of the ball, that is no secret. Other than that, I don't really see anything that make me think Eady and Griesel would be an easy choice to pick over Eikens (also probably fair to note was coming off a fairly serious leg injury). Neither Eady or Griesel took any sort of noticeable leap between their freshman and sophomore year, it remains to be seen what their ceiling could be and also what kind of improvement DAE shows heading into his second year.

14 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Eady
Freshman - 20.1 minutes  / 6.5 points / 2.3 rebounds / 0.8 assists / 1.21 assists:turnover
Sophomore - 26.4 minutes / 6.7 points / 3.9 rebounds / 1.4 assists / 1.6 assists:turnover

Griesel:
Freshman - 20.1 minutes  / 6.5 points / 2.3 rebounds / 0.8 assists / 1.21 assists:turnover

DAE:
Freshman - 29.3 minutes  / 13.3 points / 4.5 rebounds / 1.1 assists / 0.5 assists:turnover

Eikens needs to work on taking care of the ball, that is no secret. Other than that, I don't really see anything that make me think Eady and Griesel would be an easy choice to pick over Eikens (also probably fair to note was coming off a fairly serious leg injury). Neither Eady or Griesel took any sort of noticeable leap between their freshman and sophomore year, it remains to be seen what their ceiling could be and also what kind of improvement DAE shows heading into his second year.

I was going the the season stats4BBB1F09-825B-4A97-B074-C42582CA0883.thumb.png.2068ff7999ef9eabdf60ef352636b5da.png

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

NDSU lost nobody from their Freshman to Sophomore year so their role didn't change. With Vinnie and Tyson graduating this year we'll see if they step up next year. They will be both be big factors in the success of the Bison basketball team.

14 minutes ago, MIBT said:

NDSU lost nobody from their Freshman to Sophomore year so their role didn't change. With Vinnie and Tyson graduating this year we'll see if they step up next year. They will be both be big factors in the success of the Bison basketball team.

Bison fan?

1 hour ago, MIBT said:

Gue's 18 minutes per game needed to be replaced somewhere and Eady's minutes around 30% from last year.  But just because there weren't a ton of minutes that graudated, that precludes them from showing any growth in the minutes they did get? 

I would agree those two are going to need to show a huge leap next year or NDSU is going to struggle. They graduate 50% of their minutes played and 58% of their scoring.
For comparison, UND graduates 45% of their minutes played and 47% of their scoring, but they also (should) get Moody back.

51 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Gue's 18 minutes per game needed to be replaced somewhere and Eady's minutes around 30% from last year.  But just because there weren't a ton of minutes that graudated, that precludes them from showing any growth in the minutes they did get? 

I would agree those two are going to need to show a huge leap next year or NDSU is going to struggle. They graduate 50% of their minutes played and 58% of their scoring.
For comparison, UND graduates 45% of their minutes played and 47% of their scoring, but they also (should) get Moody back.

I believe they both also dealt with injuries this year. I wouldn't assume their lack of progress was because they didn't develop. Neither plays Gue's position either. He split time with Rocky last year and Witz did that this year. If they don't step up next year, I expect the Bison to struggle. They have both shown signs to be very good though.

Not a Bison or Sioux fan. Just a fan of ND college sports.

Just now, UND1983 said:

Once again.....he played the year before but redshirted this year when they had no bench.  Then transferred.  Think a little bit......

Maybe you’re right and maybe you know more than I do. Thanks for telling me to think a little bit, really helped clear things up bud. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Maybe you’re right and maybe you know more than I do. Thanks for telling me to think a little bit, really helped clear things up bud. 

Well you weren't so I had to remind you.  if he was any good at all he would've played.  

1 hour ago, MIBT said:

I believe they both also dealt with injuries this year. I wouldn't assume their lack of progress was because they didn't develop. Neither plays Gue's position either. He split time with Rocky last year and Witz did that this year. If they don't step up next year, I expect the Bison to struggle. They have both shown signs to be very good though.

Not a Bison or Sioux fan. Just a fan of ND college sports.

Nah man go look at all your post. You sh*t green and gold just like the rest of em.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dagger said:

What is going to happen to 

Panoam

Saddler

Atelbauers

Ramsey???

The ones that I have highlighted are the ones that I am most interested in.   Panoam and Davids saw some time on the court until the very end of the year were Ethan took over their minutes.  Saddler barely saw the court at all.  I wouldn't be shocked if all 3 of them left, but I think it is a safe bet that at least 1 of these 3 will leave. 

I have no clue on Ramsey.