Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Also Democrats:  “You go, Joe Biden, and tell that renegade hillbilly UAW worker that he’s full of sh*t!  THAT’S the Joe we NEED!”

Thing is, this isn’t about the election. This is about how our president is handling the pandemic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Also Democrats:  “You go, Joe Biden, and tell that renegade hillbilly UAW worker that he’s full of sh*t!  THAT’S the Joe we NEED!”

That's quite the deflection, seeing as Biden's shortcomings have nothing to do with Trump's current mishandling of the situation. 

Either way, I'd hope most adults with at least an ounce of intellect (on both sides) would be displeased of such unprofessional behavior, regardless of who acts as such.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Thing is, this isn’t about the election. This is about how our president is handling the pandemic.

Well, Joe wouldn’t have cut off flights from China, so there’s that...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Can any medical professionals chime in on hospital system policies for droplet precautions?

They should actually be using airborne precautions, which are more extensive than droplet.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been reported that 2 Ottawa Senators have it, 6 more with symptoms.    

Me thinks this is might put an end to the NHL's season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Thing is, this isn’t about the election. This is about how our president is handling the pandemic.

Which is why he needs a shadow president spouting off that the opposite of whatever Trump does would be the right choice?

We all know if Trump came out today and announced he was implementing the Green New Deal with the stroke of a pen via executive order, the news media would be up in arms over the tyranny of Trump and how we cannot possibly survive without fossil fuels and gas guzzling SUV’s.

Or did you not notice that the leftie loony bins suddenly could not care less about the environment as you can no longer a) use your take-home Big Gulp or Holiday plastic cup and need to get a new one for each use and b) you can’t use your own shopping bag at the grocery store and now (EGADS!) are required to use their plastic bags?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Me thinks this is might put an end to the NHL's season.  

I dont think that was really ever in doubt.

There will be no sports or events anywhere countrywide til at least summer.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Which is why he needs a shadow president spouting off that the opposite of whatever Trump does would be the right choice?

We all know if Trump came out today and announced he was implementing the Green New Deal with the stroke of a pen via executive order, the news media would be up in arms over the tyranny of Trump and how we cannot possibly survive without fossil fuels and gas guzzling SUV’s.

Or did you not notice that the leftie loony bins suddenly could not care less about the environment as you can no longer a) use your take-home Big Gulp or Holiday plastic cup and need to get a new one for each use and b) you can’t use your own shopping bag at the grocery store and now (EGADS!) are required to use their plastic bags?

"It's the liberal media!!!", "They're politically out to get Trump!!!".  Give it a rest already man.  Getting torn to shreds by the media is part of the job. Every president had to deal with it,

Why people fail to realize Trump's thin skin isn't a huge detriment, I'll never understand.  He needs to STFU, quit complaining like a little girl every time he opens his mouth, and do his job like a man.  Spending copious amounts of his energy and time blaming the media for everything is childish and detracts from his job, especially in a time like this.....which gets to my original point of why he's turned everything into a freakin' circus.    

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Estimated 620000 worldwide deaths from malaria in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no beef with how Trump has managed this.  Is he a blowhard- yep.  But I’m not sure what actions I would’ve had him do earlier.  You didn’t want to jump to this, because you knew the fallout would be terrible.  
 

we don’t have people dying in the streets.  It’s being managed as best as I would hope at the time being.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4,000 cities in the world with population over 100,000.

32 of those with level 4 biolabs.

Outbreak occurred in the city with one of those labs.

That lab was also doing research on coronaviruses.

Coronaviruses transmitted through bats.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a conversation with a friend who's a top level exec with Texas department of public health. I trust this guy.

Quote

"Daily increase is still at around 1.4. If the non pharmaceutical interventions in place don’t start flattening that curve next week we will have 3 million infected next month and 100,000 dead."

We need to listen to health care providers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikejm said:

Just had a conversation with a friend who's a top level exec with Texas department of public health. I trust this guy.

We need to listen to health care providers.

100,000 USA deaths even with this shutdown by this time next month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cratter said:

100,000 USA deaths even with this shutdown by this time next month?

Those deaths per day will have to start increasing very quickly if that’s happening. Over 3k/day instead of the actual ~300 in the past month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Estimated 620000 worldwide deaths from malaria in 2017.

I wonder what worldwide use of plaquenil and chloroquine is going to do to those numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Those deaths per day will have to start increasing very quickly if that’s happening. Over 3k/day instead of the actual ~300 in the past month. 

And project us at 2-3 million deaths for the year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I have no beef with how Trump has managed this.  Is he a blowhard- yep.  But I’m not sure what actions I would’ve had him do earlier.  You didn’t want to jump to this, because you knew the fallout would be terrible.  
 

we don’t have people dying in the streets.  It’s being managed as best as I would hope at the time being.  

I have a huge beef with him tweeting about azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine used together as if it's a cure all.  Saying if "Taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine."  Holy.  It's a study with six people in the treatment arm.  SIX.  That's reckless.  Leave the medicine to the professionals.

Congratulations when we can't even treat basic community acquired pneumonia with anything less than zosyn cause the resistance to azithromycin is about to skyrocket.  And from what I've heard from most of my friends who work in retail is that the massive hoards of scripts they are filling for azith and hydroxychloroquine are predominantly for providers and their families.

How long until we see the first robbery for this instead of opioids cause people think the "cure" is being withheld from them?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mikejm said:

Just had a conversation with a friend who's a top level exec with Texas department of public health. I trust this guy.

We need to listen to health care providers.

That's obviously a strict mathematical formula derived from previous weeks data combined with the number of elderly in this country.  I could probably do the same thing every year with the flu & pneumonia.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

"It's the liberal media!!!", "They're politically out to get Trump!!!".  Give it a rest already man.  Getting torn to shreds by the media is part of the job. Every president had to deal with it,

Why people fail to realize Trump's thin skin isn't a huge detriment, I'll never understand.  He needs to STFU, quit complaining like a little girl every time he opens his mouth, and do his job like a man.  Spending copious amounts of his energy and time blaming the media for everything is childish and detracts from his job, especially in a time like this.....which gets to my original point of why he's turned everything into a freakin' circus.    

Am very thankful that Trump isn't afraid of those Pharisee journalists.  They have needed to be challenged for more than a generation.  Most got in to the business because they thought they were so pure morally. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That's obviously a strict mathematical formula derived from previous weeks data combined with the number of elderly in this country.  I could probably do the same thing every year with the flu & pneumonia.  

Pump the brakes!  Let’s not try to sustain the panic we’re creating!  At least wait until after the November election before being optimistic!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

And project us at 2-3 million deaths for the year?

That's correct!  It's all adding up.  ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I have no beef with how Trump has managed this.  Is he a blowhard- yep.  But I’m not sure what actions I would’ve had him do earlier.  You didn’t want to jump to this, because you knew the fallout would be terrible.  
 

we don’t have people dying in the streets.  It’s being managed as best as I would hope at the time being.  

California and Seattle will have problems because all the homeless are vulnerable as they have a myriad health issues, sanitation, and addictions.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...