SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

20 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

See that is where your TDS kicks in.  You assume that anyone that doesn't buy all into Covid is out there walking up to old people in wheel chairs, pulling their mask off, and breathing on them.  Playing sports?  Yep.  Eating at buffets?  Yep.  Kids in school.and fully participating in activities?  Yep.  Going to bars during all but a couple hour window on Friday and Saturday nights?  Yep.  Not wearing a mask whenever possible?  Yep.  Dropping down to my knees and screaming when required to wear one?  Nope.  Quarantining for weeks because someone might have been in the same room as me for 15 minutes and 1 second instead of 14 minutes and 59 seconds?  Probably not.  Quarantining if a dart buddy gets it and we were near each other most of the evening?  Probably.  

Fair enough. But still not wide open like you've touted.

11 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

President Trump just twitted.   "I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"

Why won't the release the date of his last negative test?

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

Seriously, what more are you looking for? The color of his sputum, the consistency of his bowel movements? I'm absolutely amazed that they've shared as much information as they have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Seriously, what more are you looking for? The color of his sputum, the consistency of his bowel movements? I'm absolutely amazed that they've shared as much information as they have.

I think the general public has a right to know due to the fact he'd been attending a number of events. We already know his judgement was bad for the New Jersey event. Was this also the case for the Minnesota events? How about the debate? Why keep it a secret if there's nothing to hide?

• Upvote 1

I think the general public has a right to know due to the fact he'd been attending a number of events. We already know his judgement was bad for the New Jersey event. Was this also the case for the Minnesota events? How about the debate? Why keep it a secret if there's nothing to hide?

Because the president's health has never been something we have access to. We don't get to know. If this wasn't a global pandemic virus that Trump contracted and none of the other facts changed(hospitalization, meds, oxygen), the story our of the White House would have been the President was undergoing routine testing this weekend at Walter Reed.

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Because the president's health has never been something we have access to. We don't get to know. If this wasn't a global pandemic virus that Trump contracted and none of the other facts changed(hospitalization, meds, oxygen), the story our of the White House would have been the President was undergoing routine testing this weekend at Walter Reed.

His last negative test doesn't relate to his health so much as it relates to the health of others - at the rallies, fundraisers, debate, inside the White House, etc....

So they keep this a secret to not make the President look like such a d-bag.....at what cost?

His last negative test doesn't relate to his health so much as it relates to the health of others - at the rallies, fundraisers, debate, inside the White House, etc....

So they keep this a secret to not make the President look like such a d-bag.....at what cost?

That's incorrect. His last negative test is his health information and we don't have access to it as the public.

Just now, Bison06 said:

That's incorrect. His last negative test is his health information and we don't have access to it as the public.

OK, so he's going to pull the HIPAA card on this single test?

And how many times has he stated he doesn't need to wear a mask because he just tested negative?

I guess this shouldn't shock anyone.

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

And how many times has he stated he doesn't need to wear a mask because he just tested negative?

The "HIPAA" card.  Amazing how many people are full proponents of it until it involves someone other than themselves.  

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

If losing 200k+ elderly citizens damages a society, losing 50M+ citizens can't be a good thing. 

Look at the actuarials on just SoSec.
We'll be from 40:1 at the start to under 3:1 soon (payees : retirees).
We're missing a generation, or more, by our own hand, to support the society we'd built. 

If losing 200k+ damages a society, losing 50M+ can't be good. 

What percentage of those 50 million would be a net gain to society tax-wise and SS-wise? We are likely to have the same economic issue Japan had with the missing generation, but making abortion illegal isn't the solution. 

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/public-disclosure-presidential-illnesses-discouraging-history

Interesting read and a very detailed history of the president's health over the decades/centuries and the lengths administrations have gone to keep things secret.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/public-disclosure-presidential-illnesses-discouraging-history

Interesting read and a very detailed history of the president's health over the decades/centuries and the lengths administrations have gone to keep things secret.

I can see the importance of keeping his health conditions private. They aren't holding onto his last negative test for HIPAA or security reasons though, and I think we can all understand that.

42 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Ahem ... 

That said, if you've been around the President since the Amy Coney Barrett Saturday Rose Garden event, per the (omniscient) media*, get tested.  

*Who I'm sure just know this was a key event ... somehow ... or was it Hope Hicks, ... was it the Sunday debate prep and Chris Christie was the vector (not the victim) ... Baron brought it home asymptomatically from school, ... or myriad other possibilities. Like the good ladies say "Free your mind and the rest will follow; be color blind, don't be so shallow."

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

This is where I can't get on board with the way people treat Trump as compared to other presidents. The POTUS is the most powerful person in the world. His health is a matter of national security and in many cases a matter that has massive international consequences. We are on a need to know basis as the public and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I am far more curious as to what kind of drug cocktail they have Vice President Biden on as he tries to hold off his battle with Dementia or Alzheimers

• Upvote 4

Just now, petey23 said:

I am far more curious as to what kind of drug cocktail they have Vice President Biden on as he tries to hold off his battle with Dementia or Alzheimers

According to the media and some on this forum, we should have access to everything he is taking(if anything), or is this one of those times that "It's Different?"

5 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Where are you guys seeing all of these theories, because I must say this is the only place I've seen them. And they are only being posted by Trump supporters.

CNN, MSNBC, Twitter accounts of WAPO, NYT writers among others.

4 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The standard is to project an image of strength, and/or craft a message that’s in the President's best interest.  It's been the standard since forever.  WH doctors aren’t, nor have they ever been immune to playing (or being forced to play) the PR game.   We recently witnessed the same in Britain with Boris Johnson.

But, unlike in the past, it's more difficult to do in today's world.  This leads to mixed messaging and non-answers, which opens the door for stupid conspiracy theories. 

Speaking of Boris Johnson, apparently Biden or his speech writers are fans.

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

source.gif